Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2014, 11:23 AM   #1

Boxster , not the best tool for hunting deers

So, last weekend 28 accident free years came to an end, a bunch of deers made the stupid decision to cross the narrow forest road I just love use early on Sunday mornings. Of course I should have known better but I let the guard down the last 300 yards before I had planned to stop. Luckily I only hit one deer but at a speed of maybe 50mph. Deer was not so lucky nor was my front bumper. Amazing how fast things happen when not prepared, it is so easy on a track day when you expect everything to happen but this was different. Ok, lessons learned, not even Boxster brakes will make make up for a speed not adapted to the situation
Now it is time to fix the car.
Bumber is gone but both hood and headlight seems to be ok.
Ac and coolers seems to have survived even though the area was full of not so nice deer internals.
As I have 2000 base, could it be an idea to update the look a little bit ?
Will a 2003 s or an early GT3 front fit directly ?
This as I will most likely add the extra radiator in a few years.
Can I keep the old rubber parts around the coolers with the later bumper or do they also need replacement
Your ideas is most appreciated and also some input regarding the shock absorbers in the bumper, any chance that this might be damaged. I have no idea how sturdy that part is, if it is designed for only minor impact.

spongebob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 08:00 PM   #2

I can't answer the technical questions, but have to ask: were you allowed to have the deer processed for steaks, ground meat and sausage?

DBear
dbear61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 09:29 PM   #3

Sorry about the car. I don't have any specifics for you but I understand the front bumper cover for the early 996s and all 986s should bolt right up.

I thought Spongebob lived under the sea in a pineapple. Has he moved to Sweden to get away from Patrick Star?
89 944 S2
78 911SC
Porsche9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 10:07 PM   #4

LOL, no steaks only deer sausage in the coolers. Legislation is quite strict on how to handle accidents with animals over here. And it is correct, I moved my pineapple from California some years ago.
Hopefully this can be a DIY where the insurance company pays for the parts and I do the wrenching, a win/win situation.
spongebob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 10:56 AM   #5

Garage
Was this you??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euTIioGgmPE
boxster6354 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 12:37 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxster6354 View Post
OMG, that poor deer was vaporized.

gmboxster is offline   Reply With Quote