Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2014, 11:04 AM   #1

iDevice Interface..

Just a heads up that company that sells the iDevice interface has them back in stock. I was originally going to purchase the thunderbolt version then made aware they have a USB version too.

I'm thinking I can plug both my android or apple devices.

I have nothing to do with this company thought I would share since they were out of stock recently.

The IL-BKR and USB-BKR iPhone/iPod adapters.

http://www.discountcarstereo.com/USB-BKR.html
http://www.discountcarstereo.com/iL-BKR.html

Cebu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 07:29 PM   #2

Garage
Thanks. I've been waiting for them to restock. I went ahead and ordered the USB version instead of the lightning connector. I really liked that the connector could be mounted right on the dash. I think I have the perfect soot for it!

2002 Boxster Seal Gray Metallic: Desnorkled, Changed ashtray to non-smoker's bin, Removed stickers from sunvisors, Added rear speakers, LED Shifter, Porsche logo on trunk lid, New top with heated glass window, Aspheric Driver's Side Mirror Upgrade, More to come...
randy7601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 07:52 PM   #3

Where are you planning on mounting the USB connector? I thought about fishing under the console into the coin/ash tray. I'm always looking for ideas

Quote:
Originally Posted by randy7601 View Post
Thanks. I've been waiting for them to restock. I went ahead and ordered the USB version instead of the lightning connector. I really liked that the connector could be mounted right on the dash. I think I have the perfect soot for it!
Old 10-07-2014, 01:05 PM   #4

Location: Nanaimo, Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada
No CD-R 23
Fintro11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 03:07 PM   #5

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cebu View Post
Where are you planning on mounting the USB connector? I thought about fishing under the console into the coin/ash tray. I'm always looking for ideas
My plan is to the left of the radio there's a blank disc. (The right side is the cigarette lighter.) This is clearly a spot for a control not included in my car. When I get the adapter I can see how it attaches. For my car, this may be the perfect place.

2002 Boxster Seal Gray Metallic: Desnorkled, Changed ashtray to non-smoker's bin, Removed stickers from sunvisors, Added rear speakers, LED Shifter, Porsche logo on trunk lid, New top with heated glass window, Aspheric Driver's Side Mirror Upgrade, More to come...
randy7601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 11:21 PM   #6

That is a perfect spot. I'm unable to use it as I have a wiper interval / rain sensor sensitivity control knob there.

My harness and radio removal key came in today. I plan on moving HVAC unit to the top position and the radio right below it. Not sure about the 2 remaining sections. I won't need CD storage and I never use the cup holder. I'm thinking of a bin and possibly a blank panel that I can mount perhaps the USB connector or other gizmo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by randy7601 View Post
My plan is to the left of the radio there's a blank disc. (The right side is the cigarette lighter.) This is clearly a spot for a control not included in my car. When I get the adapter I can see how it attaches. For my car, this may be the perfect place.
Old 10-09-2014, 07:22 AM   #7

Hi,
are you planning on posting some pictures of your install?

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cebu View Post
That is a perfect spot. I'm unable to use it as I have a wiper interval / rain sensor sensitivity control knob there.

My harness and radio removal key came in today. I plan on moving HVAC unit to the top position and the radio right below it. Not sure about the 2 remaining sections. I won't need CD storage and I never use the cup holder. I'm thinking of a bin and possibly a blank panel that I can mount perhaps the USB connector or other gizmo.
quietcoolone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 06:04 PM   #8

Sure. I did the install tonight and everything works except.. I need to order a bezel that goes around the HVAC unit on top as the old bezel has an angle cut going down and leave a gap on the sides. I ordered the storage bin and will post photos once I tidy it up a bit. The actual harness works great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by quietcoolone View Post
Hi,
are you planning on posting some pictures of your install?

Thanks