Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2014, 11:05 PM   #1

Garage
Cool New to 986 Forum 01 S

First I want to say thank you for the help from members.
I have used this forum for about a year now to resolve several issues. And for information on our fine choice in automobiles. Its not about getting from A to B its about grinning form A to B .

Last may I picked up an 01 Boxter S Steal Grey Metallic blk top 6 speed.
I found it in Atlanta listed on cars.com. Being from Michigan I was a bit hesitant buying sight unseen . But I went for it... No regrets . Got a good one. Aside from going through front brake rotors . And last week my clutch went south. No real issues.
Love Love the car. New clutch going in next week. For years I drove 10 year old BMW 3 and 5 series . Great value for the money. But this car takes the cake hands down.
So much fun to drive handles like on rails. I look forward to many more smiles per gallon.

Thanks to our members for your posts and DIYs . I will post pix and hope to be able to pay back for the help .

2speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 11:18 PM   #2

Big fan of the S.Love the 3.2 engine.

My 2000S has been great.

You will find yourself going the long way on errands just to feel it run!
Old 09-11-2014, 03:03 AM   #3

So while doing the clutch, are you also doing the IMSB? Or has it already been done? Now would be a good time to do it. (Sorry to turn this into an IMS thread.)
2008 Boxster S Limited Edition #005
2008 Cayman S Sport - Signal Green
1989 928 S4 5 spd - black
1987 928 S4 - Granite Green Metallic (Felsengrun)
husker boxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 05:23 PM   #4

Garage
Car sound great waiting for photos. Great to hear another member has stepped into the light

* 3.6L LN block, 06 heads, Carrillo H rods, IDP with 987 intake, Oil mods, LN IMS. * Spec II Clutch, 3.2L S Spec P-P FW. * D2 shocks, GT3 arms & and links, Spacers front and rear * Weight reduced, No carpet, AC deleted, Remote PS pump, PS pump deleted. Recaro Pole position seats, Brey crouse ext. 5 point harness, NHP sport exhaust
jsceash is offline   Reply With Quote