986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   What would you do? (http://986forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53912)

1rooster 09-01-2014 02:29 PM

What would you do?

I found some parts or my 99 from a member here.I called Friday to set up time and date for me to pick them up.I called last night to confirm pickup for today at noon.I drove 250 miles to get the parts.When I arrived in town I called to let them know I was in town and a little early for pickup.All I got was voice mail.I drove over to the house at noon and rang doorbell but no answer.I called from outside the house but got voice mail.I left another message.I left and grabbed a quick lunch and called again and get voice mail.Went back to the house,rang doorbell but no answer.One hour later and several calls and 3 trips to the house I called it quits and drove the 250 miles back home.A whole day lost and $100 on gas and lunch.I did not drive the Boxster as the parts would not have fit in the car.What would you do?????

Giller 09-01-2014 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1rooster (Post 416849)
I found some parts or my 99 from a member here.I called Friday to set up time and date for me to pick them up.I called last night to confirm pickup for today at noon.I drove 250 miles to get the parts.When I arrived in town I called to let them know I was in town and a little early for pickup.All I got was voice mail.I drove over to the house at noon and rang doorbell but no answer.I called from outside the house but got voice mail.I left another message.I left and grabbed a quick lunch and called again and get voice mail.Went back to the house,rang doorbell but no answer.One hour later and several calls and 3 trips to the house I called it quits and drove the 250 miles back home.A whole day lost and $100 on gas and lunch.I did not drive the Boxster as the parts would not have fit in the car.What would you do?????

Benefit of the doubt till we know what happened. Possibly he had a family emergency. Either way though he should make it right and bring the parts to you now, and maybe knock a few bucks off.

thstone 09-01-2014 03:07 PM

I had a similar (though much less so) experience with another Forum member. I bought an item and he didn't want to go through the hassle of shipping so I agreed to meet him at a place in between that was about 40 miles away from me. No problem, it would be a nice drive over and back.

I got there and called and called and called and waited and waited and waited....

Finally after two hours he calls and says that he hadn't left yet and it would be another hour before he could get there and would I be willing to wait? I said no, nicely cancelled the deal, and drove home.

Two weeks later he was still trying to sell the item so I sent him a PM and offered 30% off of what he was asking and said that the price INCLUDED shipping. He accepted.

Work it out and in the end, everyone can go home happy. :)

1rooster 09-01-2014 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Giller (Post 416853)
Benefit of the doubt till we know what happened. Possibly he had a family emergency. Either way though he should make it right and bring the parts to you now, and maybe knock a few bucks off.

I'm not mad or anything.i understand things happen beyond our control.I did have a good drive down and back even though the temperature was 96 and NO I never use the AC that is why the wife stayed home and went shopping.It would have been a more pleasant drive in the Boxster but the parts would have been to large to haul.I was just curious how others would have handled it.

nicecar 09-01-2014 03:45 PM

craigslist

happens all the time,part of the game. My suggestion is with long distance, halfway is as far as i will go. If the dont meet halfway I imediatly go after price or no deal

Chuck W. 09-01-2014 07:14 PM

I hope he has a damn good reason for standing you up and not calling. We are talking death or hospitalization. That is just classless.

Timco 09-01-2014 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chuck W. (Post 416876)
I hope he has a damn good reason for standing you up and not calling. We are talking death or hospitalization. That is just classless.

Agree totally.

dbear61 09-02-2014 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chuck W. (Post 416876)

Or maybe he/she owns a BMW: http://986forum.com/forums/general-discussions/53775-new-audi-commercial-accurate.html

LOL from a dual Boxster & 330ci owner.

But sucks that this happened. If you don't hear back from this person in a reasonable time to explain and rectify, call them out publicly on the forum. "BoxsterAhole'' hosed me on parts purchase. At least they won't be back to do the same to others.

If they do reply with genuflecting apologies, and make things right, let it be.

DBear