986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Which Color Top? (http://986forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5388)

KRZTACO 03-14-2006 08:03 AM

Which Color Top?

Hi Guys,

Well I've found a small crack in my OEM Plastic window about 1 Centimeter long located on the drivers side middle part of the window, next to the where the plastic meets the material. :(

How long do you think it will stay that size?

Also, I should start thinking about a new top. My OEM color top is the silver with my "Boxster S" emblem being silver too.

Should I stick with the Silver top or switch it up to a black colored top that will hide dirt and wear easier?

Thanks for you help.

KRZ

BuffaloBoxster 03-14-2006 08:10 AM

Black will look fantastic with your wheels...

bigislandboxster 03-14-2006 08:36 AM

I agree with the black as well....Nice matching contrast with the silver body and black wheels....What color is your interior by the way?

KRZTACO 03-14-2006 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigislandboxster
What color is your interior by the way?

Interior is Black too.

KRZ

Porschekid 03-14-2006 08:50 AM

Any pics with your top up, i've never seen silver with silver top. My friends dad has a silver with blue top which looks nice but it's a blue interior.

70Sixter 03-14-2006 09:24 AM

There are a coupla local Boxes with the grey top and silver body. I think it is a perfect combo. As Buffalo said, with your black wheels, the black top would also be good. You can't go wrong.

RandallNeighbour 03-14-2006 09:41 AM

Grey or silver tops will show a lot more spots and stains than a black top IMO. I say go with black, and go with a glass top and lose the chop chop chop!

Hey that rhymed. :cheers:

olly986 03-14-2006 03:18 PM

i have repair my plastic rear windows now on each boxster

on the 97 i had a hole near the middle, i am still wandering if someone actusally pierce it with a screw driver or something so the hole was quite big, i stuck a clear decal on the inside and stuck the porsche club decal on the outside, it didn't look too bad and at least it kept the rain water away from the cabin

when i bought the S i had two tiny cracks on the middle hedges, where it folds, i just use a little bit of clear silicone again making sure to seal it in and out, it is near impossible to see and so far it did the trick and kept the rain away again, and believe me it is pissing out of the heavens at the moment!!

RandallNeighbour 03-14-2006 04:21 PM

"it's pissing out of the heavens at the moment"

Ha! LOL. :dance:

bigislandboxster 03-14-2006 06:28 PM

I got a big laugh on that one too!

Gotta love the Irish! :D

nautiquelfe 03-14-2006 08:25 PM

Hey i just got my new top put on my arctic silver 99. I decided on the graphite grey top and couldnt be happier. I like the black also but had seen some grey tops on while i was shopping for the car and just sorta liked it. I'll try to get a couple pics loaded on here later to give you an idea of the look.

TriGem2k 03-14-2006 08:48 PM

KRZ Let me know, ill change mine too if we get a good deal....

KRZTACO 03-15-2006 08:33 AM

Costs

SO far, I've found the Top for $950 from Cabrioworld (German Canvas w/glass top) on ebay.

Installation: $400 from Mike's Auto Top in South OC

Anyone found any better prices?

KRZ

Perfectlap 03-15-2006 06:21 PM

NAVY BLUE blue on Silver looks nice. Looks very Porsche.

by the way I just got my new 986S logo from Bumper plugs.

Its Seal Grey with a Red S. Expensive ($80) but we'll see if it looks better then
My Chrome BoxsteS. a bit understated.

KRZTACO 03-16-2006 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Perfectlap
NAVY BLUE blue on Silver looks nice. Looks very Porsche.

by the way I just got my new 986S logo from Bumper plugs.

Its Seal Grey with a Red S. Expensive ($80) but we'll see if it looks better then
My Chrome BoxsteS. a bit understated.

Take a picture of yours, I want one.

KRZ

orthopod 03-20-2006 07:14 PM

Chocolate Brown Top!!

Let's not forget that Boxsters come in other colors that silver and black
Cimarron Red /Tan int/ Choc Roof