Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-25-2014, 12:00 PM   #1

Toronto Porsche Help: Looking for Used Front Brake Pads of a Boxter S

Hello everyone from Toronto Canada.
I am looking for some used pads for a Boxter S for a car project.
I own a GTI with Boxter calipers.
Right now the Boxter pads don't sweep the whole rotor area, leaving a 6-7mm lip on the inside of the rotor.
I want to see if i can fit Boxter S pads into the Boxter caliper. I understand that some cutting might be involved, and before committing to buying actual pads, I would like to do a mockup with some used pads.

For the pads, I would appreciate if the pads were of the bottom variety (I am using someone elses picture I found on the forum) as I think that would involve less cutting to fit.

Please pm me if you have something like this just lying around.
Locals would be awsome.

Carsfeverguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 02:28 PM   #2
I am my own mechanic....

I have spares of both just laying around. The top ones are front pads, the bottom ones are rear pads. Big difference in size. Want me to measure them in the morning?
Timco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 03:13 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timco View Post
I have spares of both just laying around. The top ones are front pads, the bottom ones are rear pads. Big difference in size. Want me to measure them in the morning?
Thank you very much for the offer. I do believe that the bottom ones in that particular picture are front ones as well. There are apparently two styles of pads.
my calipers are from a 987, so the modern ones(the ones without the "barrels" should be easier to work with.

I have looked at the FMSI diagrams and measurements, that's why I think the mod to the pads to fit should be fairly minimal.
Old 08-25-2014, 06:40 PM   #4

Anyone with some destroyed Boxter S Pads?