Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2006, 08:37 AM   #1

interior color

Great forum... thanks to all.

I am a soon-to-be owner in Midwest and will use primarily in summer time...

Please weigh in on your experience of interior color for your Boxster:

- black... too hot?
- savanna tan (2001)... how does it hold up to wear? substantially more comfortable (cooler) than a black interior, or marginally so? how does this color differ than the other tan's offered over the years.

thanks in advance!

roleur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 09:04 AM   #2

Interesting. I have a black interior and it's sat outside in ninety-degree weather and I don't think it's ever felt too hot. The leather doesn't seem to be the type that really burns your butt when you sit on it. Although, I've never sat naked in my boxster...
Old 03-07-2006, 09:56 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by eslai
.....Although, I've never sat naked in my boxster...
.............[Attempting to permanently erase mental image]..............

'06 Cayenne Turbo S, Beige Metallic/Tan

Ex - '99 Arctic Silver, Red Interior, Silver Top
denverpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 10:59 AM   #4

interior color is a real preference issue, and I can't see how it relates to hot or not as hot to the touch in a convertible.

I will tell you though that darker color interiors tend to resell better. Black goes with everything. Other colors seem to require a particular taste in that color along with the exterior.

For instance, tan goes very well with dark blue or black exteriors, but I personally believe the black or dark blue boxster with a black interior will sell faster than one with a tan interior.

Some would think, "that tan interior is sure to start looking dirty right away."
RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 11:36 AM   #5

I feel that interior color is almost always preference. If you prefer one color to another I'd trust that feeling. I don't see a huge amount of temperature rise in black v/s tan. At least not so much as to swing your decision. If you like them both equally then go for the better price. Not to mention when its really hot outside I usually ride w/ my top up and a/c on so the leather temp is not important after a couple minutes. Maybe Brucelee has some input on the issue. He sells many porsche's and would surely have experience in different color options.