Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2014, 08:35 AM   #1

Headlamp connector/socket pin help?

Hi All,

I recently bent a male connector pin inside my headlamp connector when installing/removing the lamp from my 986. This is the connector on the headlamp, not the vehicle. Does anyone know where I can find these pins to repair the connector?

I will need a special tool to properly extract and replace the broken pin, but I am having trouble finding any specifics on the pin itself. I could measure the pin and track down a replacement, but I wanted to reach out and see if anyone has been down this road yet and found the right pins.

I'm borrowing particlewave's pinout diagram below to show which pins I am talking about.

Thanks in advance for any help!

winter.k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 08:54 AM   #2
Custom User Title Here

Garage
The pins are fairly easy to remove. I just insert a small flat blade screwdriver into the slots on either side of the pin and twist it to flatten out the little flares that hold it in. Once this is done you can simply push or pull the pin out through the back.

If you're sure you need a replacement pin, PM me.
I have some...
Old 06-03-2014, 03:07 PM   #3

Thanks particlewave, you are definitely the resident headlight expert. You have saved my connector housing some damage.

pm'd you for a pin...

winter.k is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
connector socket wiring