Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2014, 07:55 PM   #1

Do all Boxsters have alarms?

There are many posts about alarm systems, and their behavior and misbehavior.

My new-to-me 98 Boxster exhibits no sign of having an alarm. The horns don't work (separate issue) but no flashing lights or anything else.

Was the alarm an option? I see that there are items on the options list regarding alarms (like options 533, 534, 535). I don't have any alarm related options on my sticker.

DG Boxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 09:18 PM   #2
2002 Boxster S

Garage
I think it must have been an option because when I first insured mine, the explanation page said "no alarm/immobilizer". I called and told them it did indeed have one and my rate went down a little. So, it's apparently not standard equipment.
Old 05-13-2014, 07:23 AM   #3

They all came with ...

... the Immobilizer and the Central Locking Unit under the driver's seat that also controls the power windows, power top and power locks.
But the remote (keyless entry) and the Alarm were optional.
If you have your OEM manufacturer's sticker (under the front hood) it should list all of the factory options that came on the car.
You can decode them here.
Porsche Option Codes List: The Grandmother of all Porsche Options List. Decode your Options
Happy Boxstering,
Pedro

Quote:
Originally Posted by DG Boxster View Post
There are many posts about alarm systems, and their behavior and misbehavior.

My new-to-me 98 Boxster exhibits no sign of having an alarm. The horns don't work (separate issue) but no flashing lights or anything else.

Was the alarm an option? I see that there are items on the options list regarding alarms (like options 533, 534, 535). I don't have any alarm related options on my sticker.
Old 05-26-2014, 07:18 PM   #4

My options sticker doesn't have any options on it for keyless entry or alarm. Can the keyless entry be added, or turned on? I checked today, and there is a box under the drivers seat.

DG Boxster is offline   Reply With Quote