Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-2014, 07:31 PM   #1

Garage
Talking No matter what...

… anyone says the Boxster is such a fun and amazing car.
As you guys know I have not driven our "S" in a while thanks to an engine rebuild that I mentioned here (successful by the way).
With the S down my main sports car became the Lamborghini I got over a year ago. It is a great car in many ways but today I had the time to go out and drive the Boxster again. It put the biggest smile on my face in ages. The car feels like new after the work on the engine. Everything is tight. Seats are amazingly comfortable.
Now I understand how I was able to drive it from Santa Monica all the way to Ottawa in Canada, a 3,000+ mile drive.
Honestly I do believe the Boxster is very underrated and even snubbed by many 911 owners out there. It is a great car and if it had the same power as a 911 it would run circles around it.
The Lamborghini is great but I think it would be close to impossible to drive it for 10 or 11 hours a day like I did with the Boxster (well I will drive to Boston in July, a 7 hour trip - let's see how that goes). It also does not feel as nimble and light as the Boxster. Sure power is there but power is not everything.
At the end of the day I must say I prefer driving the Boxster around. Long live the Boxster!

CR

crod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 02:30 AM   #2

Which Lambo?
heliguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 04:21 AM   #3
I am my own mechanic....

Quote:
Originally Posted by heliguy View Post
Which Lambo?
This, is the question.....gonna need pics or it didn't happen.
Timco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 04:34 AM   #4

It's a Gallardo...check out his garage. Fun cars to drive, as I've instructed with Lambo club...a friend has a Murcielago Spyder; that's a hoot to drive!
PCA DE Instructor circa '95
jmatta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 05:38 AM   #5

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by heliguy View Post
Which Lambo?
As JMatta pointed out it is a Gallardo. You can see many pics of the car on my garage here at the forums. As I said great car but it is no Porsche.

CR

crod is offline   Reply With Quote