Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2010, 09:42 PM   #1

Green Boxsters out there?

While still on the hunt for my first Boxster, I'm struggling to find actual photos of either of the two green colors (987). I've always liked a green car with tan interior but seems they are very rare. Anyone have photos??

I assume this must be a less-than-desirable color. Any thoughts on what that would do to resale value or even ability to sell? not that I will likely EVER sell it once I get it. Have been dreaming about a Boxster for years...

crcguy

CRCGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 11:04 PM   #2
JTP

A few months ago I saw a pair of 997 Carreras, green with tan interior at the dealer. Best looking color combo ever.
There was also a green boxster on eBay recently with a pukey green interior. Rare combo but not very nice to look at.
JTP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 01:33 AM   #3

Green as in $$$$

It might be rare because it is a special color with a current option cost of $3140.
You're going to have to want it awfully bad and have a fat wallet too.
Spinnaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 09:09 AM   #4

When I was shopping for my 986, my first choice was green with tan interior. I now drive a black Boxster. There aren't many of them out there. Good luck.
Mike_Yi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 09:21 AM   #5

Yes green Pcars are nice.

ekam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 09:37 AM   #6

Here's a Green one

They are out there.
Take your time and find the one you want.
Who cares what other people think about the color if you like it.

1997 E36 M3/4/5
http://i713.photobucket.com/albums/w...ygug/arial.jpg
gerrygug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 10:20 AM   #7

I saw several of that green on 986 when I was shopping, but I haven't seen it on 987. I have seen a similar green on a Cayman but it must have been a special order color.
I had a dark green, about hunter green or ivy green on my first Porsche - '64 356C Cabrio - with brown leather interior and tan top, but it was not a standard either.
Yeah, I know, I wish I still had it, too!
Believe it, or not, I bought it in the spring of 1968 (Junior in High School), for $2,000.00!!
It was my third car (56 Chevy Belair, 61 MGA MkII) but the first I bought myself.
Don't worry, it was not a chick magnet, because in 1968, nobody knew what the hell a Porsche was!!
Old 02-03-2010, 11:13 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRCGuy
While still on the hunt for my first Boxster, I'm struggling to find actual photos of either of the two green colors (987). I've always liked a green car with tan interior but seems they are very rare. Anyone have photos??

I assume this must be a less-than-desirable color. Any thoughts on what that would do to resale value or even ability to sell? not that I will likely EVER sell it once I get it. Have been dreaming about a Boxster for years...
crcguy
If you're buying used then the exclusivity (or lack of desirability, depending on your perspective) of this color has been factored into the price you're paying and will once again be factored in when/if you sell. Anyone who's paying big $ to special ordering a color like that or using totally custom sample matching service probably isn't too concerned about resale. They're buying because they like it and you should do the same. You only live once.

My guess is green's one of those colors that many people appreciate but when it comes down to signing on the dotted line probably wouldn't want to own, particularly for a premium. Kind of the way I feel about "arrest me" red and "look at me" yellow.
gschotland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 11:57 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by gschotland

My guess is green's one of those colors that many people appreciate but when it comes down to signing on the dotted line probably wouldn't want to own, particularly for a premium. Kind of the way I feel about "arrest me" red and "look at me" yellow.
I thought it was "write me up red" and "Yell while you write yellow"
Old 02-03-2010, 04:07 PM   #10

i was originally going to buy a friend's 2000 986s that he ordered with rainforest green/savannah beige with black top. he wanted more than i preferred to spend so i wound up with lapis blue/beige with blue top.

the sales mgr at the porsche dealership (good friend from college) said he figured -$1000 for the green (and yellow) for trade-ins and +$1000 for lapis and some other colors i forget now.

personally, i'd still rather have the green!
matty-matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 07:10 PM   #11

In Dec '06 Fort Worth Autobahn had a new Forest Green '06 987 S with sand interior. My Jag XJS & Miata had this loveable classic combination.

Rapid motion through space elates one; so does notoriety; so does the possession of money.
pierre shags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 07:15 PM   #12

Also in Dec 06 Cinncinati Beechmont had a green w sand '07 987 S.

Rapid motion through space elates one; so does notoriety; so does the possession of money.
Old 02-04-2010, 06:45 AM   #13

When I was looking for my Boxster, rainforest green with a light colored interior was at the top of my list. If you are open on price, location, mileage, and year, you shouldn't have too much trouble finding one. But most people are not so open, and it makes it tough to find a fairly rare color when you put a bunch of other requirements on top of it. In the end, I didn't end up with green as I had hoped, as being an '03 or '04 S for the right price was more important to me. But I still turn a little bit green every time I see one drive by.
Old 02-04-2010, 06:57 AM   #14

hmmm

here are two, the 987 was a special order "rolex" green that caught a lot of heat on the internet, not a lot of fans of the color or the price tag, I think it was in the 80K range with ceramic brakes and custom paint...see if you can get it!

super66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 01:10 PM   #15

green '08 987S available

I found this one currently in Riverside, Calif through the Porsche.com used car search:

2008 Porsche Boxster S, $ 47,989
Porsche Approved Certified Pre-Owned Vehicle
Save vehicle

Car data
Displacement: 3.4 liters
Power Output: 295 HP
Drive Type: 2-WD
Transmission: Manual
Fuel: Petrol
Color: Forest Green Metallic

Vehicle Ident Number: WP0CB29838U730484
Color (Interior): Sand Beige Standard Leather
Mileage: 1,972 Miles
Year: 2008
Price: $ 47,989
Installed Options
18" Boxster S Wheel
Automatic Climate Control
Bi-Xenon Headlight Package
Bose Surround Sound System
Floor Mats in Interior Color
Heated Front Seats

Manual transmission
Porsche Windstop (Deflector)
Press Car
Standard Seats
Wheel Caps with Colored Crest
Contact details Request more information
USA
Walter's Porsche
3210 Adams - Auto Center Drive
92504 Riverside, Calif
Phone: +1-951-688-3332
Fax: +1-951-688-2646

Old 02-04-2010, 04:05 PM   #16

This Rufster belongs to a fellow Chicago PCA member...it is a Ruf 3400S that he had specially painted in Viper Green, with the same interior accents. It is very striking in person. As he always says, "If you've seen one Viper Green 3400S, you've seen them all!"
PCA DE Instructor circa '95
jmatta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 07:00 AM   #17

Nephrite Green

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTP
A few months ago I saw a pair of 997 Carreras, green with tan interior at the dealer. Best looking color combo ever.
There was also a green boxster on eBay recently with a pukey green interior. Rare combo but not very nice to look at.
That pukey green interior is Nephrite Green (Jade Green). Its a $2300 optional buy up. Some of the heavy Porsche enthusiast seam to migrate towards the rare color combos. The Nephrite looks much better on silver as does the red interior. However I agree, its not my favorite color either. I like the tan!!
DamageINC123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 10:49 AM   #18
Livin' a dream!

Garage
Mine

I love mine, this is the picture I saw when I bought it.

Unfortunately it's ruined the thought of any other color combination, I love it so much!

Although I might entertain offers the premium for color argument is legit.
greenandtan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 09:36 PM   #19

Green is a beautiful color on many cars, but you pretty much have to be in love with it. Imo, the resale will definitely be not as good.
06 Maserati Quattroporte (Family hauler)
08 Corvette Z06 (Track car)
986_c6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 06:26 PM   #20

Mine's a 986, too. Wish it had the tan seats like Greenandtan has (makes a great approximation of Packer Green & Gold), but c'est la vie.

If you really want it, just patient.

DBear

dbear61 is offline   Reply With Quote