Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2014, 07:01 AM   #1
2000 Boxster S

:mad: Windshield wiper issue

Hi Guys, cheers from Italy!

Today I went for a drive after a few months.. my 986 S is a real garage queen LOL.

I got a little bit confused when I saw the left wiper (left looking out from inside the car) resting some twenty cm high on the windshield.

I attach a few pics. The wiper works ok but when it goes up it reaches the A-pillar!!!

It seems like its range has gone from 0-80 degrees to, let's say, 10-90 degrees...

What should I do in your opinion?

Thanks in advance for your advice and sorry for my poor English.

G.

Gorthaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 07:49 AM   #2

Well, there are two 13" knots, one on each wiper arm. (i think it's 13. It's 13 on most german cars anyways)
Remove them, remove the arm from the wiper engine attachment and put it back where you want it.
I'll try to find a video.

Last edited by HolmaN; 05-14-2014 at 07:52 AM.
HolmaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 07:52 AM   #3
2000 Boxster S

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolmaN View Post
Got the same problem on my boxster since I bought new wipers, got another pair and didn't help either.
Buy original to solve the problem (I suppose).
Hi HolmaN! My wipers are original and I've never experienced this problem before...
Old 05-14-2014, 07:52 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorthaur View Post
Hi HolmaN! My wipers are original and I've never experienced this problem before...
My bad, I missunderstood your problem at first, read the post above, I made some edits.
I thought the left wiper blade was a cm or two from the window at the end of it. The cause vibrations n the blade while using it. Looked like it on your picture, but after a second reading, I understood what you ment.

Last edited by HolmaN; 05-14-2014 at 07:55 AM.
Old 05-14-2014, 07:53 AM   #5

Here's a video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gLtB9ZqmrQ
Old 05-14-2014, 07:56 AM   #6
2000 Boxster S

Quote:
My bad, I missunderstood your problem at first, read the post above, I made some edits.
thanks mate, that is precisely what I was thinking of... problem is, though, I was afraid the wipers would later decide to come back to their previous range and bottom point, thus pushing downwards (I hope you can understand my bad description...).

If you found a pc or video on how to change their position it would be just great! Thank you again, G.
Old 05-14-2014, 08:39 AM   #7
Registered Boxster abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorthaur View Post
though, I was afraid the wipers would later decide to come back to their previous range and bottom point, thus pushing downwards (I hope you can understand my bad description...).
More than likely the arm is up because it slipped or a arm is bent inside. Just loosen and readjust...
healthservices is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 10:22 AM   #8
2000 Boxster S

Quote:
Well, there are two 13" knots, one on each wiper arm. (i think it's 13. It's 13 on most german cars anyways)
Remove them, remove the arm from the wiper engine attachment and put it back where you want it.
I'll try to find a video.
Thanks HolmaN and thanks guys... problem solved! everything is fine now! Cheers!