Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2006, 02:21 PM   #1

Arrow Aftermarket Door speakers

Oh and while i have the door taken apart to fix the power window i am thinking about installing speakers in the doors.
My '02 didn't come with factory speakers in the doors (no speakers in the doors to be precise).
Is there a certain model / make i should be looking for and does anyone have the steps for the install. The car did not have the factory stereo when i took possession. An Alpine is in there now.

Any & all help will be apprecieated.

Unhappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 02:57 PM   #2

Send a message via AIM to blinkwatt
I heard the panels and such from the hifi(speakers in door) cost $800 per door. If you can find the parts,James "trigem2k" is selling a high end set of new Focals for cheap.
Old 02-20-2006, 02:59 PM   #3

Thinking of doing the same thing. Took the car into Cartunes a specialty audio install place near me that normally has 'pimped out' rides that they work on. Last time I was in they were working on a CL600 and an H2 that could have blown your ear drums three miles away.

In order to get in the door speakers, they need to order a special kit (as there is no space in the door). If you look at the Boxsters that have factory installed door speakers you will notice that the panel juts out a bit to allow for the speakers to be installed.

The company they looked at that made the aftermarket kit was Cascade, if I remember it correctly but cannot find them online. The kit will allow you to install either 2 6.5s or a 6.5 and a tweet. Or you could get the factory panels and go from there.

AtlantaBoxster is offline   Reply With Quote