Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2006, 02:51 AM   #1

spoiler

hi.. i have a 1999 boxster but the little factory fitted spoiler won't move up or down either at speed or manually via the button by the fuses can anybody shine any light in a long tunnel . thanks mike

cathyging is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 05:04 AM   #2

Check the fuse. It just might be a blown fuse.

If that doesn't work, it may be the motor in it, which is accessable through the rear trunk. I've never done this repair, but my mechanic says the motor has to be tested.

It comes up at 75 mph and goes back down if the car falls below 50. It also has a switch near the fuse box in the driver's footwell that brings it up and down for cleaning.

You should get someone to follow you on the freeway and hit about 80 and have them tell you if it's coming up or not.

One more thing... if it malfunctions, the dummy light on the dash comes on. Is this light coming on for you when you're above 75 on the road?
RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 05:12 AM   #3

Hi,

Randall covered it very well. But, to add, if your Spoiler isn't operating, you'd certainly know it. The Car will get real squirelly at 75MPH without it. It's almost impossible to see, unless you're in the Passenger seat...

Happy Motoring!... Jim'99
MNBoxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 09:19 AM   #4

Glad to see that you finally posted Mike.
Randall pretty much stated everything.
Also, you never mentioned if you had a factory aero kit or not.
Have you tried what I mentioned?
Did you check the electrical connector to the motor to see if it is disconnected (done by factory if you have factory aerokit). If it is you have to remember to have the dealer hook it up to their PST2.

tqtran is offline   Reply With Quote