Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2014, 05:56 PM   #1

Street racing, who has done it?

Just curious if any o you guys have got in a race with some punks on the street?

I feel like I get challenged alot but I have bigger nut$ just by nature so it does not matter that they are the better driver. Porsche handling + big nut$ = victory

polkfarmboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 06:38 PM   #2
Boxster 1999

Garage
None for me, I find other drivers way too dangerous to jeopardize my health and my car. Also you never know what will jump in front of your car in uncontrolled environment.

Envoyé de mon Nexus 5 en utilisant Tapatalk
Old 04-04-2014, 06:48 PM   #3
Custom User Title Here

Garage
Absolutely never no way no how not gonna happen because it's stupid and irresponsible.
That's what the track is for.

Just my opinion

Last edited by particlewave; 04-04-2014 at 08:36 PM.
particlewave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 07:03 PM   #4
Multi-Boxer Driver

Garage
I generally ignore anyone who wants to "race". Works best that way, to not acknowledge them.
2017 Subaru Outback 3.6R
Deserion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 07:28 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by polkfarmboy View Post
Just curious if any o you guys have got in a race with some punks on the street?

I feel like I get challenged alot but I have bigger nut$ just by nature so it does not matter that they are the better driver. Porsche handling + big nut$ = victory
This post is embarrassing for this forum.

Congrats on your "big nut$", though!
OKCShooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 08:25 PM   #6

I wouldn't call what I do "racing",,, but I do like to show a little bit of what my baby can do.
Old 04-04-2014, 08:41 PM   #7

Why would you risk your $65k Boxster against a 20-30k car.

Besides, you own a Porsche and have Nothing to prove.

I just wave the racers on to pass me by, and if they ask I tell them that I do my racing at the race track because the car is so fast id lose my license an go to jail on the street if I get caught.
Short Shifter, Touch Screen Dual Din Radio, 03 4 Bow glass Top (DD & Auto-X since May 17,2012)
jb92563 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 05:06 AM   #8

Garage
Quote:

Big nut s aside, you would probably lose a street race. The porsche Boxster is not exactly fast in a straight line. a mustang GT (there are dime a dozen and a good sample for street racing) is going to beat out most Boxsters and Caymans. So if they are street racing punks I find it hard to believe they will be stock either.

If you are referring to street racing punks in the twisties well that may be a different matter.
Lobo1186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 06:03 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobo1186 View Post
Big nut s aside, you would probably lose a street race. The porsche Boxster is not exactly fast in a straight line. a mustang GT (there are dime a dozen and a good sample for street racing) is going to beat out most Boxsters and Caymans. So if they are street racing punks I find it hard to believe they will be stock either.

If you are referring to street racing punks in the twisties well that may be a different matter.
Boxsters walk away from any 300HP or less GT Mustangs. The S does anyways. So pretty much any Mustang older than a 2007 that is a GT or less we are in the W column.

Edit: I always read people saying these cars are not meant for straight line. Reality of it is these things run a 13.8 out of the box. They are no slouch(sp?). Obviously they are built for the twisties but at the end of the day these things hold there own in a straight line with much higher horsepower cars.

Billy Boat Muffler
ROW M030 Suspension
LNE IMSB

Last edited by PorscheBound; 04-05-2014 at 06:08 AM.
PorscheBound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 06:42 AM   #10

Quote:

I used to street race when I was a young and stupid teenager. Then I grew up. You should grow up too.

Street racing is pointless, dangerous, and criminal. As mentioned above, your post is an embarrassment to this forum.
Old 04-05-2014, 06:55 AM   #11
Gone

Garage
Just like most of us- he will grow up. We had our day- he gets his. But be careful, there we a lot of stupids out there on the road.
Davev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 08:21 AM   #12

The best possible outcome of a street race does not outweigh the worst possible outcome. Don't do it.
cardiffgiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 08:25 AM   #13

Save it for the track...best way to injure yourself or some innocent individuals. Childish, if you ask me.
PCA DE Instructor circa '95
jmatta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 08:37 AM   #14

something I've done a couple of times. side by side with a car, revving engine etc at a cross roads, guy goes roaring off, I do an immediate turn off right into side street
Old 04-05-2014, 10:08 AM   #15
jakesbox

If you are asking fast and furious kind of street racing...yeah that is stupid. But I don't believe for a second that not everyone on here has jumped on the gas light to light or on the highway. Someone pulls up beside you and the gas somehow is pushed just a little more. We alll do it. Its part of why you own a porsche. If not, then a civil Honda Accord may be a better choice. I just don't buy it.
2003 996 Twin Turbo X50, PCCB, polar silver / 2004 996 Carerra Cabriolet, midnight blue, cinnamon leather, IMS Pro / 2003 Artic Silver Boxster - Short Throw Shift, IMS Upgrade, Carerra Light Wheels, De-Snorked with Evoms Cold Air Intake, GHL Exhaust (Sold) / 2002 Seal Grey Boxster - Fabspeed Exhaust, Black powder coated wheels, Porsche stripes (Sold) / 2 -1957 356 A Speedsters (signal red and seal grey) (Sold) / 1989 944 Turbo (m030 S options)
trimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 10:25 AM   #16

No, we don't all do it, and no, it's not necessarily part of why one would own a Porsche.
Old 04-05-2014, 10:59 AM   #17

let's just say that if someone tailgates me long enough, I lose them...
Old 04-05-2014, 12:06 PM   #18

Garage
I would never street race and I find it very stupid but there is nothing wrong with enjoying the car, or having a small tussle with a wrx or BMW.... Mustangs and such I don't even bother with though.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
BIGJake111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 12:14 PM   #19
jakesbox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_T View Post
No, we don't all do it, and no, it's not necessarily part of why one would own a Porsche.
Sure thing...
2003 996 Twin Turbo X50, PCCB, polar silver / 2004 996 Carerra Cabriolet, midnight blue, cinnamon leather, IMS Pro / 2003 Artic Silver Boxster - Short Throw Shift, IMS Upgrade, Carerra Light Wheels, De-Snorked with Evoms Cold Air Intake, GHL Exhaust (Sold) / 2002 Seal Grey Boxster - Fabspeed Exhaust, Black powder coated wheels, Porsche stripes (Sold) / 2 -1957 356 A Speedsters (signal red and seal grey) (Sold) / 1989 944 Turbo (m030 S options)
trimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 05:22 PM   #20

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by PorscheBound View Post
Boxsters walk away from any 300HP or less GT Mustangs. The S does anyways. So pretty much any Mustang older than a 2007 that is a GT or less we are in the W column.

Edit: I always read people saying these cars are not meant for straight line. Reality of it is these things run a 13.8 out of the box. They are no slouch(sp?). Obviously they are built for the twisties but at the end of the day these things hold there own in a straight line with much higher horsepower cars.
They aren't. There is no holding their own when you have a twin turbo mustang pushing 900hp pulling up next to you (which is still cheaper than a 10 year old "S"). Sure maybe against most stock muscle cars it might be close depending on the year. The new GT putting out 420 out the factory and then with some basic cheap mods... Boxsters dont stand a real chance.

Lobo1186 is offline   Reply With Quote