Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2014, 05:14 AM   #1

Garage
Seat Memory while in Transit Mode

I have a 2000 S and from what I can tell need the sportscar handover routine run because the door lights don't work when the car is off (also trunk lights, and I believe the fuel door doesn't lock). Also, if memory serves, when trying to read alarm stuff with the Durametric, it either can't read that portion or comes back with an error. (I will have to hook it up again to refresh my memory).

None of those things are all that annoying, however, something I can't seem to make work is the seat memory option of turning off the passenger exterior mirror tipping down when I put the car in reverse. It's not useful for me in this position, but most annoyingly about 1/3 of the time it doesn't return to the normal position when I shift out of reverse. I have followed the manual's procedure on how to disable this "feature" several times, but it doesn't disable. I also believe that my seat position changes weren't being stored either. It's been 5 months since I have driven that car (winter) and so my memory is a little foggy on the seat memory part. I think I have tracked down the backup light switch input to the CU memory and can clip that lead, but I would like to know if the real cause for me not being able to turn it off is because my car has reverted to transit mode.

Benjamin

Old 03-10-2014, 07:20 AM   #2

Garage
Prior to cutting the backup light input, I might just try removing fuse E2 and see what happens. It will disable all of the seat memory, but I never use it anyway. I am the only one that drives this car and don't ever move the seats.