986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   New to boxters (http://986forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50883)

Porsche man 02-21-2014 12:37 PM

New to boxters

Hi all. Over the years I have had several Porsches mostly 911s but now looking at purchasing a Boxter s. Have just looked at one in Melbourne and have a question.
Just below the battery box is a lead with a socket, is this a standard part or has the car had an aftermarket part for the audio system? What is option 030 (sport type running gear consist of ? Option 659 computer. What does this consist of ? Other options are 236, 413, 502,982, any clues ?
Thanks in anticipation
Chas.

pjv 02-21-2014 01:00 PM

Hi, welcome to 986forum. This is a great forum, I have learnt an enormous amount by following it, and people are generally very helpful, even to us Aussies! If you want to interpret option codes, you could just Google 'boxster option codes', or use the search function on this forum. I easily found a website 'lufteknic.com' which may give you the information you want. And by the way, I may as well be the one to point out how to spell 'boxster', since someone else probably would. Enjoy the forum, and also your Boxster when you get it.
Cheers.

Steve Tinker 02-21-2014 01:04 PM

The spare connector and cable = If its like my 2001 S, its for a multi CD player (I think).

Code 030 = sports chassis (ROW in your case).

659 = On board computer.

236 = ??? I believe does not exist according to previous posts.

413 = 18" Turbo wheels.

502 = ??? I believe does not exist according to previous posts.

982 = Soft look leather.

These codes are taken from the Bentley Boxster service manual - a good source of info if you buy a Boxster.
Melbourne seems a long way to go for a car - nothing in Qld????

Porsche man 02-21-2014 03:39 PM

Thanks Steve Yes 030 and 659 I understand, but what do they actually consist of ?
Looked at a yellow S in Brisbane but had no Cruise and under tray panels were RS.
Flew down to Mlb and looked at an S but needs a bit doing to it, and again the under trays were RS plus a bit of minor body work. Waiting on a PPI report. And that lead, should there be anything plugged into it if you have a car with 490 sound system.
Cheers

Boxster Boxster Boxster Boxster Boxster Boxster !!

fullthrottle52 02-21-2014 04:45 PM

I think he is referring to Melbourne Florida. It is on the east coast of Florida or "the Gold Coast"

Slate 01 02-21-2014 06:11 PM

So Porche Man likes Boxters. Yes there is something missing with moniker and car name, can you guess what it is, Porche Man;)

Steve Tinker 02-21-2014 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fullthrottle52 (Post 387910)
I think he is referring to Melbourne Florida. It is on the east coast of Florida or "the Gold Coast"

Oh I see - I thought he was refering to the Gold Coast in Queensland, eastern seaboard of Australia......:confused:

pjv 02-22-2014 12:16 AM

^Oops - same mistake here!

BYprodriver 02-22-2014 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slate 01 (Post 387923)
So Porche Man likes Boxters. Yes there is something missing with moniker and car name, can you guess what it is, Porche Man;)

maturity is one of the things you are missing, in addition to a lack of comprehension of the subject of the threads you post in. :rolleyes:

Porsche man 02-22-2014 12:49 PM

Thanks gents for your posts, I did reply previously but your moderator evidently did not approve!!
Have now sorted all my codes but would still like to visit the Lufteknic site but for some reason are unable to do so. Still lost on trim colour L92U.
Looked at a few S's but nothing that turns me on. Checked out a Yellow one in Brisbane (Australia) but damaged under trays and no CC , presently looking at an Arctic Silver in Melbourne with a lot of options but again tray damage and some body damage and a couple of other issues, now waiting on a PPI report.
Sorry about the Boxter goof but it comes with old age !!
Cheers

Steve Tinker 02-22-2014 01:11 PM

Pman - please we all sorted out where the proper Gold Coast is...
I know of a nice Boxster S for sale here or if you want to see my 2001 S for comparo reasons or discussion, I'm often in Brisbane (I live on the Sunshine Coast) - send me a PM if any interest to you.

BIGJake111 02-22-2014 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve Tinker (Post 388044)
Pman - please we all sorted out where the proper Gold Coast is...

Western Africa right? :rolleyes: