986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Hokey video (http://986forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50059)

evomind 12-28-2013 08:44 PM

Hokey video

Finally had a slight break in weather so I took some bad videos of the car.
As a reminder I purchased this car from Sunset Porsche last month.
Very happy with it.
Couple questions.....
Whats with all the wheel hop? Didn't notice it on test drives with other Boxsters.
Seats aren't the most comfortable.
Seems like they wanted to make automatic headlights but couldn't quite do it until they figured a way to charge a whole lot more.

1999 Porsche Boxster - YouTube

Porsche Boxster - YouTube

Nine8Six 12-29-2013 05:52 AM

Did you really beep'ed at a squirrel?!

You'd be surprised they don't splash that much stuff when you know, ran over. They are pretty minimum in terms of everything

evomind 12-29-2013 06:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nine8Six (Post 378623)
Did you really beep'ed at a squirrel?!

You'd be surprised they don't splash that much stuff when you know, ran over. They are pretty minimum in terms of everything

lol, its abt karma my friend...:)

recycledsixtie 12-29-2013 07:14 AM

I don't think it is too hokey.
I am the same- I spare the wildlife if I can.
Nice car - it seems to be in good shape.
Makes me want to video my driving out in the country on the way to the golf course.

What video cam do you use - good picture and sound.
Thanks for that . G. :)

evomind 12-29-2013 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by recycledsixtie (Post 378628)
I don't think it is too hokey.
I am the same- I spare the wildlife if I can.
Nice car - it seems to be in good shape.
Makes me want to video my driving out in the country on the way to the golf course.

What video cam do you use - good picture and sound.
Thanks for that . G. :)

I used the Sony Action Cam HDR AS30 or whatever. I am very happy with it and its a good alternative to a go-pro.

Is wheel hop normal if ya let the clutch out too fast with some rpms?

recycledsixtie 12-29-2013 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evomind (Post 378633)
I used the Sony Action Cam HDR AS30 or whatever. I am very happy with it and its a good alternative to a go-pro.

Is wheel hop normal if ya let the clutch out too fast with some rpms?

I believe wheel hop is normal if you use too much gas and let out the clutch too fast. That and an acrid smell of burning clutch. I have done it once and decided that economics prevent me from doing that too often. After getting rolling then I give her the gas when the car is properly warmed up. Enjoy the ride.....:)

thstone 12-29-2013 10:46 AM

Good video! I liked the 80's pop soundtrack in the background ...

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/LC_ZQXH3Dqg?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Mark_T 12-29-2013 12:38 PM

The wheel hop can be an indication of a worn out front motor mount. That said, this isn't a "rev it up and dump the clutch" type of car. It will cost you dearly if you drive it like that.

Spinnaker 12-29-2013 02:41 PM

Be wary of putting the top down in cold weather. A lot of new owners of the older models with the plastic rear window, learned the hard way that the window is brittle in cold weather and can crack when you put the top down. You shouldn't put the top down when the temperature is below 60º unless you run the defroster and heater for awhile to warm up the plastic window. Use a rolled up towel in the fold of the window to keep the plastic from folding in a sharp crease will help keep it from cracking and getting a crease mark also.