Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2013, 07:21 AM   #1

Photoshop Side stripe

Hi all,
Can anyone with decent Photoshop skills place a black "Porsche" side stripe on a photo of my car? Nine8Six, this should be a piece of cake for you.

heliguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 08:32 AM   #2

can't help, but these guys have some options:

Porsche Boxster Stripes | Porsche Graphics | Porsche Decals | Porsche Vinyl | Porsche Boxster Stickers
The Radium King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 08:41 AM   #3

Garage
Here's another person that may be able to help. I purchased a Boxster S vinyl for under my rear spoiler. Custom vinyl decals for race cars - About vinyl
Old 12-10-2013, 09:15 AM   #4

Idea stolen from Shehadehd

I like the one in seal gray. I'd match the wheels' gray tone instead of the heavy black trim. That seal grey looks like a 50% black.

If you like it I'll get the dimensions on my car and get a template ready. All you'll need to do is pass this *.EPS file to your local vinyl guy and he'll prep a set for you in a few minutes

Last edited by Nine8Six; 12-10-2013 at 09:17 AM.
Nine8Six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 09:34 AM   #5

The gray looks pretty cool. Can you do one (in both black and gray) with only the word "Porsche" and make it go all the way to the front tire...also can you put a thin line on the bottom of the decal also?
Old 12-10-2013, 09:35 AM   #6
jakesbox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine8Six View Post

I like the one in seal gray. I'd match the wheels' gray tone instead of the heavy black trim. That seal grey looks like a 50% black.

If you like it I'll get the dimensions on my car and get a template ready. All you'll need to do is pass this *.EPS file to your local vinyl guy and he'll prep a set for you in a few minutes

I just did the seal grey or "anthracite" this past weekend on my silver box. love it. once it stops raining I will take it out and get a pic.
2003 996 Twin Turbo X50, PCCB, polar silver / 2004 996 Carerra Cabriolet, midnight blue, cinnamon leather, IMS Pro / 2003 Artic Silver Boxster - Short Throw Shift, IMS Upgrade, Carerra Light Wheels, De-Snorked with Evoms Cold Air Intake, GHL Exhaust (Sold) / 2002 Seal Grey Boxster - Fabspeed Exhaust, Black powder coated wheels, Porsche stripes (Sold) / 2 -1957 356 A Speedsters (signal red and seal grey) (Sold) / 1989 944 Turbo (m030 S options)
trimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 09:41 AM   #7

Trimer, seal grey stripe? Is it glossy or flat black?
Old 12-10-2013, 09:41 AM   #8

Garage
Photoshop Side stripe

Quote:

God I love that look nine8six. I've put the stripe on hold until I do the rest of the car, but now you've fired me up to get one. I'm going to do the stripe in ghost silver (to match the offset stripe) and then have porsche in black (to match the rims) and 986 in acid green (to match the brake calipers).

I was thinking of going from the front bumper to the back of the door rather than from the rear wheel to the front of the door. But this look beefs up the car a little better I think..

https://www.enhancedautomods.com/shop/comfort-top

Last edited by Shehadehd; 12-10-2013 at 09:44 AM.
Shehadehd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 09:50 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shehadehd View Post
God I love that look nine8six. I've put the stripe on hold until I do the rest of the car, but now you've fired me up to get one. I'm going to do the stripe in ghost silver (to match the offset stripe) and then have porsche in black (to match the rims) and 986 in acid green (to match the brake calipers).

I was thinking of going from the front bumper to the back of the door rather than from the rear wheel to the front of the door. But this look beefs up the car a little better I think..
You always have a little trick up your sleeve eh!

Not a bad idea, I give you that

Old 12-10-2013, 09:59 AM   #10

You guys with silver Porsche cars makin me sick (vjealous)

this:

Going OFFLINE
Old 12-10-2013, 10:07 AM   #11

Well, Nine8Six, when you come back on line, can you do one (in both black and gray) with only the word "Porsche" and make it go all the way to the front tire...also can you put a thin line on the bottom of the decal also?
Old 12-10-2013, 10:17 AM   #12

You mean just like the other guy?

That's beautiful also no?
Old 12-10-2013, 10:24 AM   #13

Yes it's nice. I am liking the black for my car and I am partial to the one where "Porsche" is a negative and shows the car color.
Old 12-10-2013, 10:27 AM   #14

Dunno Captain, your car.

Enjoy!
Old 12-10-2013, 10:36 AM   #15

That's the one I like, in black! I think that's my next mod...opinions everyone.
Old 12-10-2013, 10:37 AM   #16

Garage
Quote:
You always have a little trick up your sleeve eh!

Not a bad idea, I give you that

This is just about how I'll be doing it. Even with the little thin stripe above the main stripe. With the ghost silver and a thicker font for PORSCHE, I think it'll be more pronounced. I also got a little surprise up my sleeve... )
Old 12-10-2013, 10:39 AM   #17
jakesbox

Quote:
Originally Posted by heliguy View Post
Trimer, seal grey stripe? Is it glossy or flat black?
hard to explain. It looks charcoal grey but it does have a hint of metalic in it. it is sort of glossy but you cant really tell that because it is grey. It is called anthracite which in painters terms (if you were to paint your wheels or something) it would be called gun metal grey. either way it is not as stark bold as the black but you could still do black wheels (which I am going to do).
2003 996 Twin Turbo X50, PCCB, polar silver / 2004 996 Carerra Cabriolet, midnight blue, cinnamon leather, IMS Pro / 2003 Artic Silver Boxster - Short Throw Shift, IMS Upgrade, Carerra Light Wheels, De-Snorked with Evoms Cold Air Intake, GHL Exhaust (Sold) / 2002 Seal Grey Boxster - Fabspeed Exhaust, Black powder coated wheels, Porsche stripes (Sold) / 2 -1957 356 A Speedsters (signal red and seal grey) (Sold) / 1989 944 Turbo (m030 S options)

Last edited by trimer; 12-10-2013 at 10:41 AM.
trimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 10:40 AM   #18

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by heliguy View Post
That's the one I like, in black! I think that's my next mod...opinions everyone.
Looks great btw. but possibly consider extending the stripe a bit more forward? kinda like this photo

Last edited by Shehadehd; 12-10-2013 at 10:43 AM.
Old 12-10-2013, 12:53 PM   #19

Quote:
You guys with silver Porsche cars makin me sick (vjealous)

this:

Going OFFLINE
I might just have to get that stripe done on mine, when I get to that phase. I love how the red 986 badge pops and I suspect it would look great with my red interior.
RaisedOnPorsches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 07:47 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaisedOnPorsches View Post
I might just have to get that stripe done on mine, when I get to that phase. I love how the red 986 badge pops and I suspect it would look great with my red interior.

Came across this thread and liked the mock-ups so much that I had a set made for my 986! Here are the before and after pics!

1973 914 2.0-Marathon Blue Metallic (Funday Driver)
1972 VW Beetle Convertible-Saturn Yellow (Sunday Driver)
2013 Panamera S Platinum Silver Metallic (Daily Driver)
2002 Boxster 2.7-Lapis Blue Metallic (Don't Even Ask!)
98Sixer is offline   Reply With Quote