Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2013, 06:52 PM   #1

Garage
First Porsche

Hello everyone,

I am looking at purchasing my first Porsche. It is a 2000 Boxster S with 92,545 miles. The exterior is amazing. The interior needs new vanity mirror covers and possibly a new lighting control switch. The car seems to run strong. I have got the dealer down to 12k out the door. Any thoughts, suggestions, or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

medictechrep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 11:44 AM   #2

I've seen Boxsters cheaper than that but who knows how they were taken care of. I would say that is on the top end. Hopefully needing nothing if you really like the car. Tires in good shape, brakes are good etc etc. Get a pre purchase inspection which is a great way to meet your new mechanic. Good luck and come back with some pictures if you do purchase please.
rp17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 11:57 AM   #3

If standard trans you most likely will need a new clutch...about $2800. If it's a Tip, just a trans service...dealers about $700, Indy about $350. PPI is a must at this mileage.

Old Hippie Young Heart
2000 S/3.2 Liter/Tiptronic/Boxster S Sport Package/Cruise Control/Slate Grey Metallic
Red Special Leather Interior/Red Floor Mats/Red Hand Painted Instrument Dials/Roll Bar/Windstop
Small Carbon Package/Leather Wrap Carbon Wheel/Center Console Exterior Color/Alum Carbon Shift Knob
AM/FM Radio w/CD Player & Changer/Digital Sound Package/18" Turbo Wheels/Wheel Caps w/Colored Crest
jcb986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 01:20 PM   #4

I swear, no matter what, someone on this board says you paid too much.
Congrats
evomind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 02:01 PM   #5

Garage
As others have said, you must get a PPI! Once that is done, talk price, using the results as negotiating leverage. $12K is on the high end so it should be in excellent condition with regular maintenance done and documented, just my opinion. Good luck and welcome to the forum

iPad Mini Dash Install
DEPO Tail Lights
BruceH is offline   Reply With Quote