986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Rough idle when warm, anyone knows why? (http://986forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49587)

haz 11-24-2013 11:09 AM

Rough idle when warm, anyone knows why?

Only when warm, not when cold, its chasing when idling. Anyone? (Replaced MAF 3 weeks ago, and this problem just arrived..)

Jager på tomgang - YouTube

jcb986 11-24-2013 11:24 AM

I am thinking, vacuum leak. Did you check to see if the AOS is good. Also, was this an issue before replacing the MAF.

haz 11-24-2013 11:32 AM

I'm considering vacuum leak also. How do I check the AOS? No, this problem arrived friday and only when warm.

jcb986 11-24-2013 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by haz (Post 373658)
I'm considering vacuum leak also. How do I check the AOS? No, this problem arrived friday and only when warm.

When the engine has warmed up, try removing the oil filler cap. If it does not unscrew and remove easily then the AOS is not working as should. Then replace it. Are there any codes being thrown?

I usually work backwards...put the MAF back on and see if it has the same problem. If not then put the new back on and make sure it is seated correctly...you also could have a bad part.

Guvs 11-24-2013 09:46 PM

Just a thought, did you disconnect the battery before you put the new maf on ? this will allow the on board computer to learn all the settings from new, it may be working on the old maf settings.
Guvs.

haz 11-24-2013 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guvs (Post 373722)
Just a thought, did you disconnect the battery before you put the new maf on ? this will allow the on board computer to learn all the settings from new, it may be working on the old maf settings.
Guvs.

No, but the new has MAF worked fine. It did not throw any codes either after new MAF + the car has the new software (this newest MAF requires it).

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcb986 (Post 373670)
When the engine has warmed up, try removing the oil filler cap. If it does not unscrew and remove easily then the AOS is not working as should. Then replace it. Are there any codes being thrown?

I usually work backwards...put the MAF back on and see if it has the same problem. If not then put the new back on and make sure it is seated correctly...you also could have a bad part.

I will connect the casr and check for codes on saturday, as I was planning to visit my friends Porsche-garage anyways. I will also check your "unscrew the oilcap"-trick after work today also :)

Thanks so far guys!

haz 11-25-2013 11:15 AM

Someone tipped me it could be the "idling regulator" (if dat is de engrish wørd for eet)

Spinnaker 11-25-2013 11:57 AM

Try cleaning the throttle body.

haz 11-25-2013 12:22 PM

Thanks! Added to my check list for this saturday :cheers:

Will also check the Idle speed control valve.