986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   My car is my hobby (http://986forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48374)

tomc88 09-13-2013 02:05 AM

My car is my hobby

OK so I do have other interests,

but my car is for fun. I don't care if it costs me more in fuel, and more in parts/servicing.

To me that's just the cost of my 'hobby'

Some people can spend £100+ to watch a football match for a couple of hours for their entertainment.
Others spend that to drink themselves stupid each saturday night.

If my car costs me £1K+ per year or whatever (I don't dare add it up), it's just all part of the enormous fun and the big smile this car still continues to give me.

I can't go more than 48 hours without driving her

schnellman 09-13-2013 03:11 AM

My Car is My Hobby

+1, Mate.

Nine8Six 09-13-2013 03:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomc88 (Post 363037)
OK so I do have other interests,

but my car is for fun. I don't care if it costs me more in fuel, and more in parts/servicing.

To me that's just the cost of my 'hobby'

Some people can spend £100+ to watch a football match for a couple of hours for their entertainment.
Others spend that to drink themselves stupid each saturday night.

If my car costs me £1K+ per year or whatever (I don't dare add it up), it's just all part of the enormous fun and the big smile this car still continues to give me.

I can't go more than 48 hours without driving her

I had the car for many years and it still reads 47,000km on the odo. I've wrenched and mod the car far more than I've driven it. Actually most of those KMs were made by the wife and her friends. I have to shoot them all out for a ride once and a while just so the car doesn't sit in the garage doing nothing. I occasionally take it out on a good day but that's just to get me to the circuit here.... can't imagine myself going there with my DD (VW old gray Passat) and the wife forbids me to take the suv "100% HERs".

Got a Boxster 986 and just recently imported a '02 Nissan GTR from Malaysia. Wrench toys! The favourite will always remain the 'Porsche' of course.

Enjoy yours as long as you can mate

ta

southernstar 09-13-2013 03:41 AM

Couldn't agree more, Tom. If you want an appliance, buy a Toyota. But for the sheer joy of diriving, the Boxster is hard to beat at any price.

BYprodriver 09-13-2013 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nine8Six (Post 363040)
Got a Boxster 986 and just recently imported a '02 Nissan GTR from Malaysia. Wrench toys! The favourite will always remain the 'Porsche' of course.

Enjoy yours as long as you can mate

ta

Pic's or it's B.S. :)

BYprodriver 09-13-2013 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by southernstar (Post 363041)
Couldn't agree more, Tom. If you want an appliance, buy a Toyota. But for the sheer joy of diriving, the Boxster is hard to beat at any price.

Just like wives, you gotta have one, so why not get a fun one while you're at it?

southernstar 09-13-2013 10:57 AM

Byprodriver, while I suppose not everyone needs a car or a wife, your analogy is nevertheless pretty good - both hot women and cars can be high maintenance, but they certainly provide a level of visceral satisfaction and enjoyment that is hard to find anywhere else!

thstone 09-13-2013 01:37 PM

Porsche has become my life. I am addicted. I own a 986 race car and a 996 C2 and just got a 944 Turbo. Now I am looking for a late 70's/early 80's 911. I meet Porsche friends for coffee on Saturday mornings - at least on those Saturday's when we're not at the race track. I recently passed on an excellent job offer for more money - the drawback was the new company didn't offer a flex work schedule with Friday's off which would make weekend track events more difficult. I. Need. Help. Bad.

TeamOxford 09-13-2013 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thstone (Post 363127)
Porsche has become my life. I am addicted. I own a 986 race car and a 996 C2 and just got a 944 Turbo. Now I am looking for a late 70's/early 80's 911. I meet Porsche friends for coffee on Saturday mornings - at least on those Saturday's when we're not at the race track. I recently passed on an excellent job offer for more money - the drawback was the new company didn't offer a flex work schedule with Friday's off which would make weekend track events more difficult. I. Need. Help. Bad.

Stone,

I think I speak for all of us when I say that we would be happy to get you on the road to recovery by offering to "alleviate" your load by taking some of your "addictions" off your hands.

No need to thank us, just a short PM with address and good time to do it would be fine.

TO

psquared39 09-13-2013 06:40 PM

Ok Stone I think you take the cake...

But, I'm just going to say I HATE this forum, all you A'holes and the awesome projects, tweaks and upgrades that are presented here....

Why do I feel like the forum is spending my money.... haha

And why do i keep doing it!!!!