986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   She's Back....! (http://986forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4787)

Rail26 01-16-2006 01:07 PM

She's Back....!

I picked up my Lola in Phoenix this weekend and she looks great! The body shop did an awesome job and I can't complain. I celebrated by covering the 450 miles back home in just under 4 hours. Gotta go get reacquainted...

blinkwatt 01-16-2006 01:14 PM

Good to hear that you are satisfied with the work. NOW DRIVE IT HOME LIKE YOU STOLE IT,but of course go gently for first 10 minutes to let her warm up.

Jeph 01-16-2006 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rail26
I picked up my Lola in Phoenix this weekend and she looks great! The body shop did an awesome job and I can't complain. I celebrated by covering the 450 miles back home in just under 4 hours. Gotta go get reacquainted...

450 in 4 hours!?!? Good NIGHT you shoulda got that on video (proof - I don't want to wave the BS flag... but)! That means you had to of averaged over 110mph!

Girl -you crazy!

bmussatti 01-16-2006 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeph
450 in 4 hours!?!? Good NIGHT you shoulda got that on video (proof - I don't want to wave the BS flag... but)! That means you had to of averaged over 110mph!

Girl -you crazy!

Jeph, I don't think we need any proof from Rail26 other than his word....he is an officer in the Armed Services! That's good enough for me!

Rail26, congrat's on getting your car back. That was quick...but probably not to you.

Dr. Kill 01-16-2006 04:44 PM

As a former serviceman myself, I can attest that all facts of good stories are likely to be questionable, but only if the story starts with the words, “now this ain’t no sh#$...” :)

Of course, things could be different for officers...

SD987 01-16-2006 08:17 PM

Rail, how's the exhaust upgrade working out for you? Any difference in sound?

eslai 01-17-2006 12:22 PM

Whoa, he changed the exhaust? I missed that part! Tell us more (and congrats on getting her back!)

Rail26 01-17-2006 07:35 PM

Gents,

1. Never believe a pilot! If the stories start out as "There I was, inverted, with my air medals hanging in my face..." it is probably BS. On that note, yes, it is true that I covered the distance in that amount of time. I subtracted the refuel time and believe it or not fellas I did average over 110. I had the cruise set at 120 (i bumped 132 in the really deserted spots) outside of town. I love these desert roads. Jeph, no problem on the BS flag, I couldn't believe it either, but 0700 in the morning on a Saturday means no highway patrol.

2. I didn't exactly upgrade the exhaust. I had them change the exhaust tip to the same one as a 05 S. I liked the double barrel exhaust and I swear it sounds different, but I think it is just because I haven't had the pleasure of driving her lately.

3. Thanks for the support and I definately recommend Scotsdale Auto in Phoenix. She looks better than new.

Adam 01-17-2006 07:51 PM

She's back! Woot woot

Dr. Kill 01-18-2006 08:12 AM

Quote:

Gents,

1. Never believe a pilot! If the stories start out as "There I was, inverted, with my air medals hanging in my face..." it is probably BS. On that note, yes, it is true that I covered the distance in that amount of time. I subtracted the refuel time and believe it or not fellas I did average over 110. I had the cruise set at 120 (i bumped 132 in the really deserted spots) outside of town. I love these desert roads. Jeph, no problem on the BS flag, I couldn't believe it either, but 0700 in the morning on a Saturday means no highway patrol.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention about all stories starting with "there I was..." Geez I have been out of the Army too long.

Glad you are back enjoying the car again!

MNBoxster 01-18-2006 08:17 AM

Quote:

.... I celebrated by covering the 450 miles back home in just under 4 hours...

@ Rail26,

One Word... GUMBALL! ;)

Congratulations on getting her back in such great shape, now, enjoy the heck out of it...

Happy Motoring (and Landings!)... Jim'99

Biz-z Z 01-18-2006 09:35 AM

Driving in the southwest at 110 for 4 hours…what a great way to cure paint! :D
Congrats! Also nice to hear the shop met your expectations.

eslai 01-18-2006 11:03 AM

Quote:

I didn't exactly upgrade the exhaust. I had them change the exhaust tip to the same one as a 05 S. I liked the double barrel exhaust and I swear it sounds different, but I think it is just because I haven't had the pleasure of driving her lately.

Awwww.... there goes my boner. :(

Jeph 01-18-2006 11:05 AM

Quote:

I subtracted the refuel time and believe it or not fellas I did average over 110. I had the cruise set at 120 (i bumped 132 in the really deserted spots) outside of town. I love these desert roads. Jeph, no problem on the BS flag, I couldn't believe it either, but 0700 in the morning on a Saturday means no highway patrol.

You, Rail26, are truly a legend in my book. You have earned 5 golden water bottle caps!

bmussatti 01-18-2006 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eslai
Awwww.... there goes my boner. :(

eslai, they have some excellent drugs for this now. Just ask Da Coach- Mike Ditka!!

Rail26 01-18-2006 05:22 PM

Jeph, are we talkin' the high filooten type of water like Fiji or Evian? At what point do I cash in the bottle caps for a golden ticket?

Eslai, sorry about your boner dude. ED is a very serious condition that can lead to blueballitis...very dangerous.

Woohooo....I got my car back!

eslai 01-19-2006 01:16 PM

Thanks for the advice guys, I'll take note of it!!!!

SD987 01-19-2006 01:55 PM

What was the 987 like at 130 + ? (I'm especially curious if you were top down - wind screen rattling like a motherf*cka). What revs/gear were you doing? Did it seem like there was much more power on tap?

I've only gotten mine up to 110 here in Cali, which is of course like a walk in the park for the Box. I don't want to have only an old college photo ID when they card me for cigarettes.

eslai 01-19-2006 02:01 PM

I took mine up to 134 on the 56 one day with the top up. It started feeling a little light at that point, but it was still easy to keep pointed.

Rail26 01-21-2006 09:07 PM

SD, I had the top up and she had more to give. I was in 5th gear at about 4500-5000 rpm. She was not light whatsoever...I swear she squatted down even farther and I was afraid I was going to start dragging the underside.

I have only gone 122 with the top down and I thought the windscreen was going to explode! Definately don't recommend it...