Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2005, 11:21 AM   #1

Air Bag warning light

Hi all,

Hoping someone would know more about this but I just got my rear window replaced as well as the driver side seat reupholstered. When I picked it up from the automotive fabric shop, the air bag warning light was on. The friendly Russian man told me about the light but he has no idea why it turned on nor how to fix it. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

fefyfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 11:55 AM   #2

This light is illuminated because your upholstry shop removed the seat without disconnecting the battery first. If you unplug the wires that go from the seat's seatbelt receptacle with the battery hooked up, you'll get this dummy light on the dash.

A Porsche dealership's computer (PST II Tool) can remove it quickly. That's the only way I know how to get rid of that light.
RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 11:58 AM   #3

Ah, makes sense. Thanks a bunch Randallneighbor.
Old 12-29-2005, 12:43 PM   #4
bmussatti

fefyfo, can you post some pictures of the reupholstered seats?? Before and after??
Old 12-29-2005, 02:19 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by fefyfo
Hi all,

Hoping someone would know more about this but I just got my rear window replaced as well as the driver side seat reupholstered. When I picked it up from the automotive fabric shop, the air bag warning light was on. The friendly Russian man told me about the light but he has no idea why it turned on nor how to fix it. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Fefyfo

What was the damage on the rear window repair?

I'll need to do this soon...

BadBoyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 02:32 PM   #6

$350 for a new plastic window. I was contemplating about a brand new glass top but opted for the plastic instead. I'll keep it clean and soft from now and never ever put the top down when it's 65F and below. I'll post pics of the new window and interior this weekend.