986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   What didja get for Xmas? (http://986forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4609)

RandallNeighbour 12-27-2005 07:23 AM

What didja get for Xmas?

I got aluminum trim rings from the wife for Christmas. Did you get anything Porsche-related? Tell the list about it!

rbennett 12-27-2005 09:02 AM

I got a Porsche book! and Litronics

The book is named "The ultimate history of Porsche" Barnes and noble, hard back.

Goes alway from Ferdinand Porsche as a boy to 2002.

Great book

Regards

eslai 12-27-2005 10:05 AM

I got one of those porsche tire pressure gauges and the travel umbrella that fits in the passenger-side pocket on the door sill. :)

bmussatti 12-27-2005 10:30 AM

I got a bunch of Porsche Tequipment stuff:

In-door car cover
Trunk liners- front and back (good for a clean-freak like me!)
Battery Maintainer
Porsche crest valve stem caps
The little red clip
Porsche crest lapel pin
Clear side markers

jangobox 12-27-2005 10:58 AM

I got a porsche polo shirt. Believe it or not, pretty damn nice! Oh and a Xbox 360 with Project Gotham Racing. I already have 3 RUF porsches in my garages, well in the game anyway, it rocks!

bmussatti 12-27-2005 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dbth
What is"The little red clip".

The little red clip gives you an instant 17.5 additional HP! And it is Porsche approved, with no CEL.

OK, now that I have your attention! It is just a little device to trick (turn on) the alarm system when the top is down. Supposedly, it provides a little better protection. Do a search on the forum, and you'll see some old threads with info and a photo (probably from Tool Pants!).

BengalsFan 12-27-2005 01:46 PM

I received Porsche crest valve stem caps, a Porsche license plate frame, and a Porsche crest car key ring.

AUDIOGUY 12-27-2005 02:16 PM

I got the silver Porsche valve stem caps with the black logo and a really
nice coffee table Porsche book.

On a side note, I bought a buddy of mine an Evolution car cover for his BMW.
Now, having seen his, I want to buy one for myself!

Happy New Year!

Joe D
01 S
triple black

KRZTACO 12-27-2005 02:23 PM

Non-Porsche related:

I got the Star Wars FX Lightsaber (green).

Its even makes the real sounds and everything when you move it around

KRZ

asnigro 12-27-2005 03:05 PM

Porsche book here as well, "Porsche: The Road from Zuffenhausen". Looks pretty cool so far! She inscribed "The "other" love of your life... **heart** Brianna" on the inside cover, how sweet.

ohioboxster 12-27-2005 04:03 PM

I got a gift certificate to my FAVORITE store in the world, Summit Racing. Im going to use it to buy baby moons for my 40 chevy. I always seem to change my mind so we will see.

jangobox 12-27-2005 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KRZTACO
Non-Porsche related:

I got the Star Wars FX Lightsaber (green).

Its even makes the real sounds and everything when you move it around

KRZ

Those sabers are a lot of fun. I have the Vader (red) and the Anakin saber (blue). Very cool to have another boxster and Star Wars fan on the forum! What a combo!

bmussatti 12-27-2005 04:11 PM

Those light sabers are like $100....my nephew wants one for his birthday!

Perfectlap 12-27-2005 04:47 PM

a bill for $500 from my Auto finance company.

(well they did give me 'no payment due this month' pass, such nice guys).

Jeph 12-27-2005 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Perfectlap
a bill for $500 from my Auto finance company.
(well they did give me 'no payment due this month' pass, such nice guys).

Watch out for that, I'm sure they're also giving you the added gift of interest on that month you can skip!

I got a Boxster 550 shirt (though I don't have a 550 -but I like it anyway Dad), a Porsche Logo mousepad, and mug with a pewter crest on it.

And though it's technically not a Porsche gift, it will become one... EBAY MONEY!!!

blinkwatt 12-27-2005 06:00 PM

I wanted the the Bentley Boxster Manual,but I asked too late. Oh well looks like I will have to order it for myself. :)

richardda 12-28-2005 05:09 AM

My wife gave me a DieHard Battery Charger/Maintainer, a "California" car duster and a set of Hot Wheels that includes a Boxster and a 911 C4S.

steve00s 12-28-2005 09:05 AM

My wife gave me a Porsche battery maintainer and a Porsche Sport Exhaust system. She's great!!

bmussatti 12-28-2005 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steve00s
My wife gave me a Porsche battery maintainer and a Porsche Sport Exhaust system. She's great!!

Steve00s, that's awesome dude...now if she can do the install for you, she might just be "wife-of the-year 2006"!!

cfos 12-28-2005 01:43 PM

Nothing Porsche related, but I did enjoy a few "pre-embargo" cuban cigars. Note to forum users, you can get quality for much less than my wife paid without a fancy box and label). Autographed baseball and a couple o games for the xbox360. As for the saber-fans, I have th blue fx but am trying to convince my wife that the collection isn't complete without the double-bladded Parks saber -- star wars fans (with a little cash) -- check out his stuff at the Parksabers.com