Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2013, 05:01 PM   #1

Litronics are in and working

I installed my litronic lights today. Actually went pretty easy. Only issue I had was getting the old ones out. Seems you have to lift the front end a bit to break it loose and it slides right out after that. Of course in the process I touched the amber corners and they fell off. Not sure if that means it had a broken tab or I just knocked off and it will go back on or not. No worries since my new lights included clear tabs and they are fine. Only thing missing is one of the DRL bulbs is out. Since I planned to buy some 6k led bulbs that's not a problem. Computer is in and light rotate when highs are on. Do all looks good.

Only thing I need to do now is figure out how OEM xenon wire from passenger side to drivers side is routed. Has two small rubber gaskets so I'm thinking originally it was routed out of the frunk through the battery area back to the frunk. I have it routed. -for now - under the front frunk carpet. Anyone know exactly how it is supposed to be routed? Also anyone know where I can get the cloth electrical tape? Some has just fallen off due to age.

Can't wait to try them out!