Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2013, 09:10 AM   #1
Likes her Top OFF

Window acuators

Wheel clunk fixed now my passenger side Window won't stay down when I open the door so that when I close it it is in the close position so hits my top and won't shut... If I keep the handled pulled I can get it to shut but it won't do on its own. I recently had my tires changed and this started after any ideas on fix?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

nakedteets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 09:32 AM   #2

I have the same thing; I believe it is a fairly common issue with the microswitch in the door lock failing, so that the door thinks it is closed all the time, even when it is open. So when you lift the handle to open the door the window drops, but then as soon as you release the handle, the window goes back up.

This article talks about the assembly to be replaced:
Pelican Technical Article: Boxster Door Lock Mechanism / Boxster Door Handle - 986 / 987

If you are a member of Renntech.org there is an article that goes into more detail about which behaviors mao to which microswitches:

http://www.renntech.org/forums/tutorials/article/217-door-microswitches/

It's in the 996 section but it is the same.

There are a couple of folks that have been able to replace/replace just the microswitch and not the whole lock assembly. That is what I hope to do when I get around to taking my door panel off. Luckily mine is on the passenger side and so it is not as big of an issue as it would be if it was on the driver's side.

Steve
steved0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 07:00 AM   #3
Likes her Top OFF

Thanx Steve I also noticed this
Notice how the seal that the top goes against is higher on passenger side compared to drivers... This might be my issue but I don't know how to fix
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
Attached Images

nakedteets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 07:27 PM   #4

I have the same issue. My window goes down by pulling either the inside or outside door handle but goes back up when you release the handle with the door open. I researched on the board and the consensus was to replace the door latch. Of course my '97 is a one year part and the dealer cost was $200. I replaced the latch mechanism and still have the same problem. Any ideas? I replaced the window regulator about 2k ago so I know it is not a problem with that.

BobRickel is offline   Reply With Quote