Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2013, 10:52 AM   #1

A/C Recommendation - SF Area

My 01S has a slow AC leak. I thought it was fixed last fall when the dye covered expansion valve was replaced. Now, 5 months later, the refrigerant is low. I've taken the car to two AC specialty shops and a Porsche dealer. No one seems to have identified exactly why the car is losing refrigerant.

Can anyone recommend a great AC shop in the San Francisco bay area> Your recommendations are greatly appreciated.

PS: The main reason I'm asking is that I am trying to avoid paying more in diagnostic fees than the cost of the repair. I'm already into this for about $900 inclusing replacing the expansion valve.

Last edited by thom4782; 02-25-2013 at 06:25 PM. Reason: Added PS
thom4782 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 10:20 AM   #2

Garage
Hi,there are several highly recommend in your area of Mnt. View 1) Modderman 2)Heyer performance. in Santa Clara you have 1)RennShop 2) Dietsch Werks, Sunnyvale 1) RMG enterprises. give them a call. Dietsch werks is very helpful if they cant help they will direct you to who can help you.
the1andonly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 10:31 AM   #3

When I lived in Palo Alto, I used to go High Performance House in Redwood City, problems were always fixed, and Rich is a straight up guy.

Skrapmot is offline   Reply With Quote