986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Ironman tire brand (http://986forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43189)

RandallNeighbour 02-16-2013 05:35 AM

Ironman tire brand

Anyone heard good or bad things about these?

I'm not planning on running these on my Boxster. A friend is asking for his cars...

Flavor 987S 02-16-2013 05:53 AM

Never, Randall.

I just bought Debbie a set of Kumho Platinum something for her E320. Very nice tire. About $115 each. The Koreans are making some nice tires. I have a set of Kumho for the Turbo. Great tire.

Marburk 02-16-2013 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RandallNeighbour (Post 327762)
Anyone heard good or bad things about these?

I'm not planning on running these on my Boxster. A friend is asking for his cars...

Ironman tires are manufactured in China and distributed in the US and Canada by Hercules Tire. A friend of mine just bought a set for his Dodge AT. He says they have performed fine so far and he's got over 15,000 miles on them. He directed me to the two links below for more info.

anyone ever heard of ironman tires? - Dodge Ram, Ramcharger, Cummins, Jeep, Durango, Power Wagon, Trailduster, all Mopar Truck & SUV Owners. Dodgeram

Hercules Tire and Rubber Company | full line of passenger, SUV, light truck, medium and commercial truck tires

Not a ton of information, but I hope it helps your friend.

RandallNeighbour 03-04-2013 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flavor 987S (Post 327763)
Never, Randall.

I just bought Debbie a set of Kumho Platinum something for her E320. Very nice tire. About $115 each. The Koreans are making some nice tires. I have a set of Kumho for the Turbo. Great tire.

I took your lead and bought a set of Kumho Platinums for my BMW 550i. So far so good! Half the price of Michelins too :)

986_c6 03-06-2013 12:06 AM

Ironman...seriously?

RandallNeighbour 03-06-2013 05:39 AM

My buddy is about to sell his car and wants to put cheap tires on it so there's some tread on the wheels for test drives. He wants to spend as little as possible to sell the car.

Hence, his question about Ironman tires, which I knew nothing about.

AKnowles 03-06-2013 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RandallNeighbour (Post 330311)
My buddy is about to sell his car and wants to put cheap tires on it so there's some tread on the wheels for test drives. He wants to spend as little as possible to sell the car.

Tell him to put decent tires on it or plan to accept more haggling from potential buyers. Possibly a lower purchase price too.

papasmurf 03-06-2013 08:17 AM

I would have to disagree...

Depending on the type of car he is selling...most potential purchasers will be more interested in the tread depth remaining on the tires rather than what brand they are. If he is selling something that is likely to be a weekend toy for someone they may be interested in the brand of tire but I would not open up the checkbook to get some michelin's for a car I was planning on selling ASAP.

BYprodriver 03-06-2013 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RandallNeighbour (Post 330311)

Depends on what type of vehicle it is. If the tires on the car are safe to drive on don't put anymore money in it. When I go to look at a used car to buy, people always want to talk about all the money they have in the car. Eventually I have to tell them the only way to get the money back out of the car is if they put it in the glovebox.