Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2013, 05:20 AM   #1

Send a message via Yahoo to pesticidal
January in tundra country...

I put my Boxster away in storage in November, am anxiously awaiting March, when the streets clear up...

Winters go by reaaallly slow here.

pesticidal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 05:30 AM   #2

Ditto; Jackson Hole, WY.
Joe B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 07:21 AM   #3
still plays with cars...

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by pesticidal View Post
I put my Boxster away in storage in November, am anxiously awaiting March, when the streets clear up...

Winters go by reaaallly slow here.
+1

Winter in Ontario. Shouldnt really whine though, we got nothing until Boxing Day.

Lucky buggers you are that can drive top-down year-round...

Taken out my slider this morning.

Wish I could enjoy outdoor winter activities
Arctic Silver on Metropol Blue | LN Dual Row IMSR | Arctic Silver console, spoiler frame & bumperettes | Crios mod | Technobrace | RoboTop module & modified convertible top relay for one-touch roof operation
BoxsterSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 08:22 AM   #4

Winter goes by quick for me. The boxster gets nice and light around slick turns. Mid-engined and RWD forces you to stay committed.
MConte05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 09:47 AM   #5
recycledsixtie

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MConte05 View Post
Winter goes by quick for me. The boxster gets nice and light around slick turns. Mid-engined and RWD forces you to stay committed.
Dash cam pics would be great to witness these "forces" but I would settle for still pics. It is great to "see" you using your Box in winter. Seasonal garage queens and garage queens was not what Ferdinand Porsche intended for his carsI must admit I give a lot of $$$ to my local carwash. But it is worth it.
recycledsixtie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 11:09 AM   #6
M31

Garage
I am also in the middle of snow belt territory...haven't seen my car since Nov.1 when it went into storage. The tires I wore out on my 14,000 km road trip have been replaced with new Hankook Ventus but haven't seen those either. Just got in from shovelling the heaviest snow so far this winter...the driveway is empty where she usually sits..this really sucks...going through withdrawal big time
M31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 02:44 PM   #7

Garage
Pesticidal - I can completely relate here in Saint Paul, MN. I was just commenting to a friend of mine that Porsche-withdrawl has officially set in just this week.
pharaohjb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 04:13 PM   #8
still plays with cars...

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by pharaohjb View Post
Pesticidal - I can completely relate here in Saint Paul, MN. I was just commenting to a friend of mine that Porsche-withdrawl has officially set in just this week.
It took that long? Mine went into hibernation just after halloween and I was as frustrated as a crack addict without a lighter inside of a week.
Arctic Silver on Metropol Blue | LN Dual Row IMSR | Arctic Silver console, spoiler frame & bumperettes | Crios mod | Technobrace | RoboTop module & modified convertible top relay for one-touch roof operation
BoxsterSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 04:40 PM   #9

Garage
Hey Mine went away in October as well - BUT - look at the bright side - Lots more time for winter projects, like finally getting the 74 back together
Heiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 04:44 PM   #10
Multi-Boxer Driver

Garage
Winter? Winter?

Oh wait, I had the roof down on Christmas Day since the weather was just so balmy.

I have a feeling I'll be living back up north again someday, though.
2017 Subaru Outback 3.6R
Deserion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 07:03 PM   #11
Carnut

Utah here! Snow on the ground, clear and dry roads, sunshine, driving to the office tomorrow morning. Last winter I did not drive at all but this winter it's on as long as it is dry.
Old 01-06-2013, 07:21 PM   #12

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by pharaohjb View Post
Also checking in from MN. My last drive was early December. The first month always seems to go by pretty quickly with the holidays, but I have to agree that I am now suffering withdrawl symptoms as I see the Boxster under it's cover in the garage each day.
Here's wishing for an early thaw!!
MN 986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 08:55 PM   #13

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyA6 View Post
Utah here! Snow on the ground, clear and dry roads, sunshine, driving to the office tomorrow morning. Last winter I did not drive at all but this winter it's on as long as it is dry.
In Utah also, and with 8" of "the greatest snow on earth" covering my lawn, and temperatures hovering around ten degrees, I couldn't take it any longer. I unhooked the battery tender, pulled off the cover, and since the roads were dry and clear, I took a 50 mile drive south. I am going to do it every chance I get but it makes me ache for warmer days. I have to keep telling myself the days are getting longer so I know spring is coming. Patience old man, patience!
1olddude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 02:42 AM   #14

Roads are good...warming up to 35 mid week...going to drive the loop around Indianapolis...30 miles or so....weeee
Old 01-07-2013, 04:06 AM   #15

I drove my Boxster to the ski station yesterday. I tried snowboarding, man it hurt this morning. The Boxster is easier in winter then snowboarding lol!

Later all
Chris
wawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 07:36 AM   #16
Carnut

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1olddude View Post
In Utah also, and with 8" of "the greatest snow on earth" covering my lawn, and temperatures hovering around ten degrees, I couldn't take it any longer. I unhooked the battery tender, pulled off the cover, and since the roads were dry and clear, I took a 50 mile drive south. I am going to do it every chance I get but it makes me ache for warmer days. I have to keep telling myself the days are getting longer so I know spring is coming. Patience old man, patience!
Yeah! Way to go! I sit in my office looking West towards the mine over the parking lot.... Just so you know, I'm in Draper, a few buildings over is Ebay, I guess now you can locate me!
Old 01-07-2013, 08:31 AM   #17

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxsterSteve View Post
It took that long? Mine went into hibernation just after halloween and I was as frustrated as a crack addict without a lighter inside of a week.
Yeah... I guess my definition of withdrawl was when I started pricing parts/upgrades last week. I want to spend money on improving a car I can't drive for 3 more months! Sounds like an addict to me.
pharaohjb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 06:34 AM   #18
Carnut

I "tried" to drive the Box today to the office, no go, no traction with the wrong tires! Had to take the Cayenne with winter tires.
Old 01-11-2013, 07:52 AM   #19

Roads are just fine. They do this in German too you know.

ekam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 10:21 AM   #20

Those of you up north who think it's great down here where it never snows need to rethink the whole "grass is greener" thing.

It's so friggin' hot and humid in South Texas that driving the boxster--top up or down--is no fun at all. The AC works great in my car, but the heat coming through the back window and the roof cook my scalp and shoulders.

Since I'm forced to live in this hell hole of a city (Houston) for another decade or more, I will be purchasing a CPO CaymanS next or if I'm doing really well a CPO 991S.

RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote