Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2013, 08:22 PM   #1

Flat: Anyone need a spare Sumitomo 17"

I hit a bit of road debris after a blind corner on my way to work today. Result, one flat passenger side rear tire. I called AAA and they mounted my spare. I saw a single nail in the main tread and thought I'd be able to repair it. Unfortunately, I missed the cut on the outter rim/sidewall. So my rear tire is toast and I'm replacing both with a matching pair of Hankook tires. I had to order the tires (Sears) and they will be in between 3 & 7 working days.

When they arrive I have the option to keep my drivers side rear tire and give it to someone that might need it. I don't know how many miles on the tread since I just bought the car a couple of weeks ago, but they look relatively new. Deep tread left on them. If needed, I suppose I can go measure the depth but before I go back in to the cold garage thought I should find out if there is even any interest in a single rear 17".

I'm in the Cochella Valley (Palm Springs/Palm Desert/Indio) area in CA. If you are a bit away, I'm willing to take a drive 75~100 miles to help make it easier to deliver. If there is no interest, I'll just give it to Sears to recycle.