Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-17-2005, 11:59 AM   #1

Litronics Wanted

I called Brandywine to get litronics today and they told me they didn't have a sale on them right now, but would call me back "sometime soon" if they could go ahead and sell me a set at the sale price.

Anyone know of other places I can buy a set of litronics including the wiring harness and the control box (in other words, not a set yanked out of a car, but brand new)??

RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005, 12:32 PM   #2

I upgrded to Litrnoics and didn't use the wiring harness. I just used an hex wrench to adjust the height of the beams. Unless the car came wired for Litronics you won't be able to wire in the autoleveling feautre of the high beams.
$1100 group buy from Brandywine on a Porsche Pete's Group buy.
Just sold the clear Halogens on Ebay for $500.
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005, 01:31 PM   #3

I upgraded a few months ago - got mine from Suncoast for $1250, but noticed they have since raised the price. After I ordered, I got a copy of Excellence magazine and saw a few places in there advertising them for less than the $1250 I paid - I'd get a current copy of their mag and check for them in there. I'm by no means a car guy (lawyer by trade), but found the wiring job is super simple - just follow the Pelican tech article on the net. I've actually done the install twice as my first Box was totalled 2 weeks after adding the lights so I removed them and re-installed them in my new one. The module that raises the lights up when they are on highbeam is really cool - plus it's so easy to wire, I don't know why you wouldn't do it.

Good luck!
Killertraylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 06:35 PM   #4

Well, I bought a set of new litronics off Ebay for $1299.00, and bought the clear corners and red and clear tail lamps from Suncoast. I also had to buy the headlight tool, which was a special order because my toolkit was missing this piece.

In a couple of weeks my box will be amber free. I'll post pics when it's all installed
Old 10-19-2005, 02:44 PM   #5

Randall,

Sounds like you've been busy with your 986. Just wanted to see if you found more Houston Boxsters to join to forum?

Stanislaus R.R.
Cypress, Texas - USA
www.rothbauer.us
Rothbauer_Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005, 04:27 PM   #6

Stanislaus, I've found one more that joined this board and gets his car this week. I bet he's chomping at the bit. I know I was! Good to hear from you.

We need to play follow the leader again and let you be the leader again... you're the one with the larger engine and racing experience! I loved that day together driving the country roads. We gotta do that again, but earlier in the AM this time.