Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2005, 10:06 AM   #1

replacing center console

Have just spent the last couple of days spray painting the center console and a few other bits and I'm struggling to get it back in with scratching the lovely new paintwork

Are there any tricks you can do to get it back in? I'm assuming a fair few owners with silver/painted consoles have fitted short shifters (arriving tomorrow ) so there must be a few tales of woe and consequent remedies?

I managed to twist it out, but not keen on treating it so roughly now its freshly painted.

I've searched but to no avail on this occasion so apologies if the problem has been covered before?

I did read on a post something about undoing the hand/park brake cable so the handle can stick straight up in the air? wouldnt have a clue on where to start to do this tho?

any assistance much appreciated as would like to get the car bag on the orad tomorrow really as obviously its the weekend and need to hit those roads

many thanks

Perry

perry190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 08:09 PM   #2

Could you post some pics of it after you get it in. I would like to see how it turned out.
Old 10-13-2005, 11:34 PM   #3

will do matey :-)
Old 10-17-2005, 11:52 PM   #4

here ya go bud