986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Removing base of seat (http://986forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3871)

RandallNeighbour 10-05-2005 04:16 PM

Removing base of seat

Anyone know how to remove the center piece on the seats of the boxster? It's the center piece of the leather on which your butt resides.

I need to have a tear in the leather at one of the seams fixed and don't want to give up the whole seat to do it, nor do I want to have the airbag light on as I will need to drive it while the tear is being fixed.

RandallNeighbour 10-07-2005 06:55 AM

bump! :D

bmussatti 10-07-2005 07:17 AM

Randall:

Does this help any?

"Contact Autos International for replacement of your seat covers They are a Panorama advertiser for many years.

John Paterek - PCA WebSite - 3/21/2004"

deliriousga 10-07-2005 07:33 AM

If you disconnect the battery for 30-45 minutes before removing the seat the airbag light won't come on. You just have to remember to only reconnect the battery after the seat is put back in.

RandallNeighbour 10-07-2005 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmussatti
Randall:

Does this help any?

"Contact Autos International for replacement of your seat covers They are a Panorama advertiser for many years.

John Paterek - PCA WebSite - 3/21/2004"

No, this doesn't help a bit. But thanks anyway! I am going to take the seat cushion to a local trim shop and have them repair it, not send it to Autos International for replacement.

RandallNeighbour 10-07-2005 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deliriousga
If you disconnect the battery for 30-45 minutes before removing the seat the airbag light won't come on. You just have to remember to only reconnect the battery after the seat is put back in.

John, after I pulled my seat the last time I learned this one the hard way. Here's my problem... I want to drive the car around while the passenger seat is being repaired... this means the seat can't come out with the battery hooked up or I get the airbag light.

I really need someone to post instructions on how to safely remove the center leather part of the seat so I can take it in and leave the passenger seat intact. There are probably snaps or hooks and loops or something keeping it in place. I know it's not just velcro'd to the base!

bmussatti 10-07-2005 12:52 PM

Randall:

Are you a PCA member? If so, you can post this question on thier web-site. Also, you sould search their web site for a potential answer to your question. You don't need to be a member to see the Tech Questions and Answers, just to post your own questions.