Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2005, 07:43 AM   #1

Public comments about your Boxster

It was 3 weeks ago after a long day from participating in concours show at the Ventura german autofest. I was dropping my friend off at his apt when this lady who's driving an old sedan pulled over and made an interesting comment about my car, she stated "what a great looking car your driving, is it one of those Chrysler Crossfire?" I appropriately replied "no ma'am, it's a Porsche Boxster! Drove away and still seeing from the side mirror the nice lady staring at the car as I go.

I never have so much attention whenever I drive this car. People think I'm driving a b-new $60K ++ car but well in fact, it's an 8 year old well kept roadster. I bought the Boxster for its top notch performance as a deciding factor against BMW Z3, S2000 and SLK. I guess I better get use to attention from the public as a throw-in bonus from owning one of the best road-going cars in the market today.

Happy Boxstering!!!

pecto3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005, 09:19 AM   #2
bmussatti

You detcha!
Old 10-02-2005, 10:26 AM   #3
ddb
www.klisstle.com

Garage
Nice car. I love the color combination.

ddb
ddb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005, 11:41 AM   #4

Thanks ddb, i see you got yourself glacier white boxster too. The thing about flat white color paint is that it is so hard to bring out the shine. It's my 16th coat of zaino wax system currently. Has been very satisfied with their products.
pecto3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005, 01:28 PM   #5
ddb
www.klisstle.com

Garage
Hello pecto3,

My car actually is Biarritz white. It's a 2000. Yea, I know what you mean by not getting that brilliant shine like on other colors after waxing/polishing. I actually put on a coat of Meguiars NXT yesterday and was impressed with the results. It is so easy to use. I wish I would have snapped some pictures while it was still pristine.

Here is an old picture.

ddb

ddb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005, 02:17 PM   #6

When we first got the Boxster, we were leaving the neighborhood with the top down. When we drive through the "elbow" in our street there are always a lot of kids playing (6-10 yr range). One of the boys starts pointing at us as they move off the street and says to his friends "Look, it's a Corvette!".

I know what you mean pecto3 about the "thinking you're driving a brand new $60+k car". We are an average, middle class family in an average neighborhood where there are no other Porsches. Our 13 year old daughter says her friends all think we're rich because we have two Porsches. To give her perspective, we let her know we paid less for the Boxster and 928 combined than most people paid for their SUV. (Of course, that does not include maintenance. )
1986 Daughter White/Brown Top (Sold!)
1992 Daughter White/Blonde Top
deliriousga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005, 05:43 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by deliriousga
One of the boys starts pointing at us as they move off the street and says to his friends "Look, it's a Corvette!".
I usually say that to people that drive NSXs. It pisses them off
"Nice C5, HAHAHA!!!"

tqtran is offline   Reply With Quote