986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Saw a Cayman this morning (http://986forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3724)

PAH 09-20-2005 03:40 AM

Saw a Cayman this morning

When I dropped my car off at the Porsche Centre in Chester this morning for a wheel bearing replacement, they had a Cayman sat in the showroom.

However, it was completely hidden under a cover, so I couldn't see any of the detials. It was the unmistakable outline though.

I was in a rush to get to work, but when I go back this afternoon to collect my car, I'll have a closer look, and will find out when the car is going to be unveiled.

limoncello 09-20-2005 11:01 AM

Could you see the color? Silver is a safe bet, but there was a blue one on the Porsche site...wonder what the color choices will be? (Much as I like my yellow box, I'm not too sure it goes with the Cayman). So my color guesses are:
Silver
Gray
Black
White
Guards red
Blue

xavier405 09-20-2005 11:41 AM

I just spoke to my service rep at the dealer and he said the Caymans go in the showroom in November. I suppose a few will trickle in in October!

- X

bmussatti 09-20-2005 12:46 PM

Porsche's web-site has the "Build Your Own" function working now for the Caymen S. It looks like all of the 2005 and 2006 paint colors are available.

QporscheQ 09-20-2005 02:10 PM

A guy in our local PCA already has one on order. Supposedly, it won’t be delivered until the summer. He said the dealer had an allotment of 2 per month and they were already spoken for January through July. The main options he got were PASM and Sport Chrono. He said that price was something like $65K.

I was at a social event with the club and sitting in the middle of a group of 911 people when I cocked a smile and said “hey, how ‘bout that Cayman?” Just to see what they thought. This guy replied, “Funny you mention it, I just ordered one yesterday.”

PAH 09-21-2005 03:24 AM

Apologies, it was a mistake. I only got a glance in the morning, and thought it was a Cayman, especally as it was under a cover. However, when I went back yesterday evening, turns out on closer inspection it was just a 911.

They are not sure when the first Cayman will arrive, but they are going to have a launch party, so that should be good!

limoncello 09-21-2005 03:47 AM

Went to the configurator, but the car image didn't appear. The colors along the bottom look like a cut and paste from the boxster page. May be that they are still building the site. They did have a Cayman wheel, then the usual box/carrera wheels. The Cayman wheel looks a little like my 2001 17" wheels. MSRP was $58,900. Love the blue on the home page.
The selection tab has the Cayman as a distinct line, not with the Boxsters. Hmmmmm - subliminal message, or mere coincidence? We report, you decide.