Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2012, 07:30 AM   #1
jakesbox

Logo

I know most arent fans, but I love what this does to my car. Just installed! Going to powder coat wheels black and go stealth mode...

trimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 07:37 AM   #2

That looks good and the black rims will complete the look, nice.

Gloss black rims right?

With red calipers?

Flashing some red might be a sly way of adding some excitement to the stealth mobile.

Kinda like a girl with black hair wearing black leather with bright red lipstick.....IMPACT...and sexy!
Short Shifter, Touch Screen Dual Din Radio, 03 4 Bow glass Top (DD & Auto-X since May 17,2012)
jb92563 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 07:59 AM   #3
jakesbox

I believe gloss black. I want to make sure that it matches the black center caps I am getting which look to be gloss black.

I dont know what to do with the Calipers but I agree red is the way to go...or again gloss black. I would have to have them painted, or buy new ones which at this point one thing at a time. If anyone knows a good way to paint them while on the car let me know! I am NOT a mechanic by any stretch of the imagination.

Funny thing is in any other fascet of my life, black and grey are the last colors I would choose...but love it on the boxster!
Old 08-31-2012, 08:31 AM   #4

I went with red decals on black calipers. I think that would look good on your car too - a hint of color without being too flashy. Besides, everyone paints their calipers red - it's not customized if it's the same as everyone else's!

Silver calipers with red or black decals might look good too.

You don't want to tackle painting them yourself?
Old 08-31-2012, 08:44 AM   #5
jakesbox

I like the idea of red decal for sure! May have to look into that. I would absolutely tackle painting them, but will need to do some research on best product and method! black with red decal would be really cool.
Old 08-31-2012, 09:07 AM   #6

Garage
Decal

Where did you buy decal? I am thinking of doing this to my Max-Ljt
ljt_22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 09:13 AM   #7

Garage
Painting the calipers red

My buddy Tom and I did this last month-got red brake spray paint-masked everything on the tire and gave each wheel a couple of coats-they look great-we also did the air vents same color same time and this weekend the front grills-Tom is the son of a painter and the secret is in the masking-good luck-ljt

Quote:
Originally Posted by trimer View Post
I believe gloss black. I want to make sure that it matches the black center caps I am getting which look to be gloss black.

I dont know what to do with the Calipers but I agree red is the way to go...or again gloss black. I would have to have them painted, or buy new ones which at this point one thing at a time. If anyone knows a good way to paint them while on the car let me know! I am NOT a mechanic by any stretch of the imagination.

Funny thing is in any other fascet of my life, black and grey are the last colors I would choose...but love it on the boxster!
Old 08-31-2012, 09:17 AM   #8

Garage
Mark, did you ask about the wind deflector?

If you did I still have it but have been unable to get in touch with you-Larry 602-301-1395

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_T View Post
I went with red decals on black calipers. I think that would look good on your car too - a hint of color without being too flashy. Besides, everyone paints their calipers red - it's not customized if it's the same as everyone else's!

Silver calipers with red or black decals might look good too.

You don't want to tackle painting them yourself?
Old 08-31-2012, 09:18 AM   #9

I used VHT caliper paint. 4 coats gloss black, then applied the decals, then four coats gloss clear. Pedro has an excellent tutorial on how to do it ( DIY Projects: Do-it-Yourself Repair and Maintenance for your Porsche )and I could add a few tips.

Old 08-31-2012, 09:20 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljt_22 View Post
If you did I still have it but have been unable to get in touch with you-Larry 602-301-1395
Nope, wasn't me asking about a windscreen. The decals are ebay.
Old 08-31-2012, 09:48 AM   #11
jakesbox

If you are asking about the decal I put on the car, I got it from KIstudios. kistudios.com. Really high quality. I wasted 40 bucks on ebay for a cheap set and they ripped when trying to put them on. These are fantastic...really thick. Cost $155 shipped and I had them in about 3 days. Kyle at KIstudios will take your call and talk your ear off if you have questions. As for the brake decals...I have never bought but looks like ebay is the place for those. Thanks everyone for the insight!