Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2012, 06:08 PM   #1

Anyone have pictures of the rear underside?

I purchased my vehicle last year with an aftermarket fabspeed exhaust and my exhaust seems to be lowering from the day i purchased the vehicle. I looked back at some pictures I took when I purchased the vehicle and it definitely looks like the exhaust is sitting lower. I got under the car over the weekend and it look like the only thing holding the exhaust up is the connection to the header, which seems unusual.

There looks to be a bracket connected to the transmission that could act like a mounting point, but there is no connection between that point and the exhaust. (see attached picture.) Is this the correct place it's suppose to mount to?

Attached Images

ohhh my is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 06:11 PM   #2

I think that's the transmission or what ever the back most part of the engine is.
ohhh my is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 07:43 PM   #3

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhh my View Post
I think that's the transmission or what ever the back most part of the engine is.
that is the transmission with some sort of aftermarket bracket bolted to it. I have seen pictures recently of a Fabspeed exhaust for sale that showed a bracket & huge hose clamps to support the exhaust, maybe this forum or another similar forum.

BYprodriver is offline   Reply With Quote