986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   For those of you who want to remove your bumprettes (http://986forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36680)

Crono0001 08-06-2012 10:20 AM

For those of you who want to remove your bumprettes

I got rear ended today by a guy in a truck. Was pretty hard and my neck kinda hurts. Came out and inspected the car. No damage.

They work. I don't care how 'cleaner' or 'euro' my car looks without bumprettes. I'm keeping them.

mikehkang 08-06-2012 10:57 AM

Thanks for sharing.
Good to know you and the car is ok.

Johnny Danger 08-06-2012 11:19 AM

Also worth mentioning, tests have shown that bumperettes combined with large hemorrhoids can stopped a 38 mph impact .

BruceH 08-06-2012 11:23 AM

Glad to hear that you are ok. Get your neck checked out ASAP though. There may be more damage than you think. My wife has a neck injury that didn't seem serious at first, but it was. Better safe than sorry.

ProjectM96 08-06-2012 11:28 AM

I got rear ended last month.

The guy at the body shop wants to put in some extra labor to cut out the bumperette holes since the bumper brand new comes without the bumperette holes.

I thought of telling the guy to keep the Euro look, which would be less labor for him. But I changed my mind. The bumperettes give me peace of mind knowing that they are protecting my rear bumper from scratches and small bumps when parking in city environments.

Deserion 08-06-2012 02:41 PM

Hope you feel better soon. And also have the Boxster inspected, as there could be damage underneath the skin that the bumper cover is hiding.

ProjectM96 08-07-2012 05:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deserion (Post 300533)
Hope you feel better soon. And also have the Boxster inspected, as there could be damage underneath the skin that the bumper cover is hiding.

I got rear ended by a truck. So it was the top of the bumper that got pushed into the rear spoiler, which got pushed into the rear trunk and bent the trunk slightly. I have removed my bumper in the past when I installed my exhaust so I know nothing got damaged except the spoiler frame and trunk and bumper.

Bruce Wayne 08-07-2012 11:57 AM

Glad to hear that you are OK, but do get the car checked out.. last year some f@#@#r whacked my rear bumper while parked at the airport,, do you think the guilty party left their details.. oh no ! do you think the airport parking would provide the video, only to the police.. do you think the police were interested.. oh no.. (despite leaving the scene of an accident a criminal offence)..

the nudge on the bumper, pushed the metal strip at the top of the bumper into the spoiler, so when the spoler raised and lowered it was catching and scraping the spoiler..

all fixed, but out of my pocket :mad::mad:

thstone 08-07-2012 12:08 PM

If your neck hurts enough to mention here, then you should have it checked out by a doctor. Same for the car, it might look ok, but there are parts under the bumper cover that may have been damaged.

Hope the best for both you and the car!

Homeboy981 08-08-2012 05:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thstone (Post 300648)
If your neck hurts enough to mention here, then you should have it checked out by a doctor. Same for the car, it might look ok, but there are parts under the bumper cover that may have been damaged.

Hope the best for both you and the car!

*How True!

jcb986 08-08-2012 11:11 AM

They really don't bother me since I am usually driving and not following. But, I am going t have them painted to match the car when I pull the front bumper to have it repainted.:cheers: