986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   very new to this (http://986forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3637)

26garth 09-08-2005 07:07 AM

very new to this

Good day everyone. Well I finally decided to try it. I've heard nothing but good things so why not. Please forgive my silly questions and lack of knowledge as I am a newbie in as far as "boards" go but Ive had my car for about 3 years and have run out of tastefull and usefull modifications and or additions. I will describe what I've done as briefly as I can and would love/welcome as much feedback on similar mods/additions from everyone. I started with a 2001 Boxster with 18k miles. The previous owner had done a lot of things to it after he got it that i had no clue about.
1. H&R suspension - i was told it lowered the car about 3/4 of an inch and makes a world of difference in handling.
2. Gemballa exhaust - sounds great/dual chrome tips
3. Gemballa front strut brace or bar or whatever you call it across the front near the battery - stiffens the body in turns i guess
4. Litronic or Hologen headlights - cool blue tint and brighter i guess w/clr turn signals
The car has sport seats without the embossed porsche logo and all the other standard stuff. Oh, it's a 5 speed. Here is what I've done to it:
1. exchanged stock front and rear bumpers to 2004 Boxter S bumpers which entailed changing the entire rear spoiler assembly etc
2. red and clear newer tail lights
3. clear parking/corner lights
4. boxter s door entry guards blk w/silver script
5. installed cross drill rotors and painted calipers red with porsche decals
6. painted all appropriate interior parts same color as exterrior-silver
a. seat backs
b. door handles etc
c. dash parts-stereo surround,vents, instrument cluster surround etc
d. center console etc
7. updated shifter/boot with newer two tone silver and black
8. had exterior side vents painted silver for newer updated look
9. painted rollbar
10. installed aerokit II sideskirts
11. custom 1 off 19" chrome 5 spoke wheels with 1 off genuine porche color crest center caps
12. installed speaker kit in rear storage shelf/cubby holes
13. new stereo with kenwood music keg and custom 10" subwoofer encloser in passenger footwell for some base/thump

I thinks thats everything, the only think i would like to add is the new top with the glass rear window but ive heard they havent perfected it yet.
If anyone can help me out, i would like to post some pics.
Thanks in advance for your feedback/input and assistance

Brucelee 09-08-2005 08:07 AM

Sounds like a great Box. Pls post pix when you can.

I am sure the guys will weigh in with what else you can spend your money on.

Enjoy!
:cheers:

yellowbox 09-08-2005 08:54 AM

I'm sure you spent quite a bit of $$ on those mods. Is it more worthwhile to spend those $$ for a real Boxster S instead of making the base look like a S?

Btw, I own a base 986, so nothing against it.

RandallNeighbour 09-08-2005 10:50 AM

yellowbox, I think the previous owner did all those mods and 26garth got them on the car when he bought it. I bet he got a good deal on all those mods too as they're worth far less than one pays to put them on a car.

Garth, along with pix, how much did you pay for the car?

26garth 09-12-2005 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RandallNeighbour
yellowbox, I think the previous owner did all those mods and 26garth got them on the car when he bought it. I bet he got a good deal on all those mods too as they're worth far less than one pays to put them on a car.

Garth, along with pix, how much did you pay for the car?

I paid 35k when i bought it in 2002 it had 18k miles

26garth 09-12-2005 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yellowbox
I'm sure you spent quite a bit of $$ on those mods. Is it more worthwhile to spend those $$ for a real Boxster S instead of making the base look like a S?

Btw, I own a base 986, so nothing against it.

well thats possible, but this is the car i own and I've enjoyed learning all about it and doing things to it. I would never sell it now or want and "S"

26garth 09-12-2005 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brucelee
Sounds like a great Box. Pls post pix when you can.

I am sure the guys will weigh in with what else you can spend your money on.

Enjoy!
:cheers:

dumb question but can anyone help me out in as far as how i go about posting pictures on here?

Brucelee 09-12-2005 11:54 AM

Try the manage attachments button at the bottom of the reply window!

Richard Truss 09-12-2005 02:47 PM

sounds like a lot of cool mods. I am personally DYING to see pics of your sub enclosure.