Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2005, 10:53 PM   #1

new porsche owner needs exhaust advice please help

hi i have just bought a 1999 2.5 boxster which i must admit im very happy with,
but one thing i would like to improve is the sound of the exhaust, with so many after market pipes available can any one help me choose the right one for me!
i would like it to be as loud as poss (not to worrid if its road legal or not) also would like good sound at low revs as well as high , i have heard that some only come in to there own at higher revs , and with the amount of traffic in london your lucky to get above 3k!!!!!!!! till your out of town then wooooohooo !!!!!
PLEASE ANY ADVICE WOULD BE NICE GOOD OR BAD
many thanks for your time & effort
saintsimon

saintsimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 12:46 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintsimon
hi i have just bought a 1999 2.5 boxster which i must admit im very happy with,
but one thing i would like to improve is the sound of the exhaust, with so many after market pipes available can any one help me choose the right one for me!
i would like it to be as loud as poss (not to worrid if its road legal or not) also would like good sound at low revs as well as high , i have heard that some only come in to there own at higher revs , and with the amount of traffic in london your lucky to get above 3k!!!!!!!! till your out of town then wooooohooo !!!!!
PLEASE ANY ADVICE WOULD BE NICE GOOD OR BAD
many thanks for your time & effort
saintsimon
it's not hard to get above 3k as long as you stay in 2nd gear, or 1st

for exhaust, GHL is great. I love the sound, quite loud...
yellowbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 12:50 PM   #3

loudest sound has got to be the B&B Tri-Flow. you should do a sound comparision but i put one on my car and say goodbye to conversations with your girlfriend. If your girl is pissed at you then ask her to go for a drive.

hdpt73 is offline   Reply With Quote