986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Other Boxster Forums? (http://986forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36023)

MConte05 06-22-2012 05:51 AM

Other Boxster Forums?

This forum is an excellent resource, and has been tremendously helpful in troubleshooting a lot of the little things I have found with my new boxster. However I am wondering if there are any other Boxster-centered forums out there? I know from my Subaru days, there was the huge NASIOC, then lots of smaller forums that were also excellent.

Thanks! :cheers:

jb92563 06-22-2012 05:55 AM

This one seems the most active but there is Renntech and Pelican sites as well that you should visit even just for the knowledge articles.

There is also your local PCA site where each one varies in activeness.

tonycarreon 06-22-2012 05:56 AM

i tend to stick with this one.

on occasion i visit pelican parts, which has a pretty good BB though not boxster specific.

mcomet 06-22-2012 06:08 AM

After signing up for others I pretty much am mostly here... But here are more links:

PedrosBoard

Planet-9. Pretty much cayman but there is a shared area

RennTech.org

pothole 06-22-2012 06:30 AM

If you're in the UK, Boxa.net is good for local UK info.

But the technical knowledge and general ambience is better here.

ProjectM96 06-22-2012 06:33 AM

I think this is the best one, but there is also:

Boxsterforum
PelicanParts
Planet-9

SixSpeedOnline is not specific to Porsche but there are many Porsche owners on there.

pothole 06-22-2012 06:36 AM

Oh, and there's the Porsche section on pistonheads, of course, which is fun and OK for UK stuff. Big user base, but not really a forum for really detailed info. Good place for shooting the breeze, however.

Homeboy981 06-22-2012 07:36 AM

Thanks! I picked up some new friends due to this post!

Don't forget some of the local race tracks have Porsche clubs too.

Here near Dallas, TX we have 3 tracks - Texas World Speedway, Motorsports Ranch in Cresson, Eagles Canyon Raceway - each of them have track days too! Great fun!

Keep up the good work!

recycledsixtie 06-22-2012 08:04 AM

I contribute(?!?) to this forum and Pelican Parts forum. I particularly like the the off topics forum on Pelican Parts. I actually buy stuff from Pelican Parts.
Also Rennlist forums are good if a little thinly used. Great bunch of guys and the occasional girl on these 3 forums. I don't belong to PCA club. Amazing knowledge in these forums helping u run Boxster a lot cheaper. I got a quote from my local stealership to install a serpentine belt yesterday. 1.5 hours of labor =$240 LOL. This car is making me a different person:):):):):confused:;)

vitaminC 06-22-2012 08:51 AM

If you're a member of PCA, there is also: PCA Boxster Register