986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Lacking power while driving (http://986forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35457)

hiasad 05-13-2012 04:27 PM

Lacking power while driving

Hi there,
I have a Boxster S 2001 with 69K miles and i have owned it since 2007 when it had around 20K miles. I have always taken care of scheduled maintenance and I try to keep up with any things that come up. I had the 60K service done with no reported issues. Before the 60K service, I had to replace Air/Oil separator which caused excessive smoke and a Check Engine Light. Spark plugs were included as a part of 60K (it was done at 66K miles).

Lately I have been noticing while driving that my car does not pick up as it does normally when i step on the gas. It seems to have a lack of power. Also noticed that gears (automatic) would shift at not very proper speeds e.g. it would go to 4th too early sometimes. There is no check engine light of any sort but I am a little worried about the symptoms. Would anybody recommend a transmission flush or a check up ? Would you think its related to tranmission ?

Thank you very much

Andrew McD 05-15-2012 05:05 AM

Hi, I'd much the same problem. I'd the MAF changed and leaking oil filler pipe changed. Seems as if the vacuum leak from the oil filler tube was causing all sorts of problems to performance, but I also found out a vac leak can have real problems for how the tip makes its changes. A totally different car now.

hiasad 06-15-2012 12:02 PM

Maf change did it

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew McD (Post 290365)
Hi, I'd much the same problem. I'd the MAF changed and leaking oil filler pipe changed. Seems as if the vacuum leak from the oil filler tube was causing all sorts of problems to performance, but I also found out a vac leak can have real problems for how the tip makes its changes. A totally different car now.

Hi there,
Thank you so much. I replaced my MAF and the car drives like a dream. It was running lean. Although the Engine would compensate for it but still it had to do a fair bit of work (21% compensation on 1 side and 30% on the other).

I appreciate your feedback and the time you took to reply me. My transmission problem is also gone and the car drives smooth.
Thanks

Joel-Box-ster 06-16-2012 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hiasad (Post 294259)
I replaced my MAF and the car drives like a dream. It was running lean. My transmission problem is also gone and the car drives smooth.
Thanks

Did you have the CEL before you replaced the MAF sensor? and also the tranny fluid has been changed? Reason I ask beacuse under hard acceleraton from idle to 3rd gear seems it stuck and it wont upshift right away to 4th, :confused: my car is also a TIP. :(