Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2005, 08:31 PM   #1

infinity Sub Woofer fit under seat or back

The porsche BoxsterI have has the CDR-220 with 6 speakers. I want to add more bass. Has anyone had any luck getting a subwoofer under the seat or behind it.
her are two I found that look like they might fit under the driver seat or maybe squeez behind it.
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-ZqegZUaNKW9/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?wm=fp&I=113KSCSW1&g=51000

or

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-ZqegZUaNKW9/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?g=51000&I=108BASSLIN

The infinity is 10". If this were in the front or back trunk would you feel the punch of the bass. I don't want any thuddy woofy bass. I want clairty and punch. MY friedn has a Bazooka for his jeep. It sounds amazing. He also has a Rockford power amp.

Last but not least. If I got the infinity powered sub. Can that be wired into the CDR-220 or do I need to do something special or do I have to get a non powerd Sub-woofer enclosure.
thanks

Joji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005, 08:50 PM   #2

You should cut up a cardboard box to the dimensions of both these units and see how it fits behind the passenger seat... and I'm guessing it will not fit at all or so poorly that you'd change your mind about this idea. There's just zero space behind the seats in our cars.

I did see a custom enclosure in the footwell of the passenger side with a subwoofer in it... that might work for you as I would totally agree that you're not going to hear it with a clear punch if it's in the front or rear trunk.
RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 11:07 AM   #3

FYI i just put a kicker solobaric 10" 10l7 in the footwell with the kicker being able to handle around somewhere between 400-800 watts. Seriously sounds like i have two 12 in there. had a custom fiberglass enclosure built (less than 1 sq ft.) and squeazed the biggest baddest subwoffer i could fit in there. Yes i did loose some foot space for the passenger, but the bass is incredible, i only have a 360 watt amp right now, i could probably push a bit over 800, but that would be another project. if you dont want to loose that much footwell space, you could always go with the 8 ", but its not nearly as loud or the bass doesn not go as deep. i could post some pix if you like. Cost on the box and speaker was around $500.
tony2fingers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 11:43 AM   #4

hey post some pics, i would love a bit more bass. Also who built your box for the footwell. I would love to get one but am having trouble finding source around here. :dance:
Old 08-26-2005, 01:24 PM   #5

I always thought this was a nice subwoofer installation (HenryV pics in the rentech garage)

98Boxster98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 06:04 PM   #6

Here is my 10" slim Pioneer sub with a fiberglass box:

http://www.cheetahonline.com/vehicles/boxster.html
cheetah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 07:33 AM   #7

This is less fancy, but it works great for me.
Upgrades so far: 4 Stalks installed,OBC, Cruise Control, Variable wipers, Rear speakers, Alpine CDEHD149BT deck, Alpine MRP-F250 4 ch. amplifier, Blaupunkt THb 200A pre-amplified subwoofer, XM radio integration, 997 shifter, front motor mount, LN Engineering IMS upgrade and much more.
tolum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 02:47 PM   #8

Bazooka

I put a 6" powered Bazooka sub sideways in front of the passenger seat in my '02 S. It has plenty of punch and fits in nicely so the passenger has lots of leg room in front of it. And its easy to remove for security or to give the passenger even more leg room.
VS1400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 09:58 AM   #9

VS1400, how did you power the 6" Bazooka ?
bmx672 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 10:27 AM   #10

just put your top down, hit the gas, and turn of the stereo...

23109VC is offline   Reply With Quote