986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Just bought a 2001 boxster (http://986forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3354)

thepress83 08-06-2005 04:42 PM

Just bought a 2001 boxster

Well I've officially signed the deal and as soon as financing comes back I'll be the proud owner of a 2001 boxster, black exterior with a tan leather interior. The car had been in the showroom for quite a while (3 months or so) and the sales manager wanted to move the car bad so he discounted it from 48K to 38K and gave me a very good price for my trade over 2K more than any other dealership would consider. I'm thrilled with the purchase and was just choked I couldn't drive the car home today but I put into the contract that it was subject to a PPI at MCL motors in Vancouver since it's out of warranty I want to make sure nothing comes up and surprises me.

What do you think of the price I know that the important thing is that I think I got a good deal and I definitely think that I did especially considering the price they gave me for my trade but I'm still interested in what others think from different areas here in Vancouver there is a good demand for boxsters so they hold value quite well.

rctboxsters 08-06-2005 04:50 PM

Exactly how much is 38K in Canadian money converting to US dollars? I'm sorry I'm not very familiar with the exchange.

Richard

thepress83 08-06-2005 04:55 PM

It's 27% less so like 27.5K or so

Brucelee 08-06-2005 06:40 PM

Congratulations on your purchase. That is a very nice color combo, one of my favorites.

Enjoy the car, you did good!!!!!

:cheers:

thepress83 08-06-2005 06:44 PM

Thanks I am really happy with the car and the price which is the most important thing to me I just wanted to make sure :) I'm hoping the PPI can be done Mon/Tue so I can pick up the car on Wednesday the dealer was nice enough to move the car to their secured shop so people aren't sitting it in and messing around while we wait for paperwork. I got the feeling he was as happy to sell this one as I was to buy it apparently it had been on the lot forever as he put it and he whined all the way to the door about how he wasn't making money and then congratulated me and shook my hand :)

RandallNeighbour 08-06-2005 07:42 PM

"goldish" leather interior? Um, would that be tan?

Black and tan. Classic. What color is the top?

Hey, one thing you should definitely do is to get the boxster to a shop where you can get a four wheel laser alignment. Should cost you about $80US or so.

This will show you if the car has been wrecked and has bent struts, subframe issues, etc., ...and if no problems exist (and they probably will not exist, so don't freak out), it will insure you don't wear out your tires prematurely anyway, so it's good money spent either way.

If the alignment is solid, get them to road force balance your tires after you take possession of the car. Boxsters seem to get the tires out of balance very easily for some odd reason. Buy a lifetime balancing deal from someone with a Hunter road force balancing machine. This balances the tires and wheels for high speed driving.

Post some pics as soon as possible!!!

deliriousga 08-06-2005 07:59 PM

Congrats!!! Welcome aboard!

thepress83 08-06-2005 08:05 PM

Thanks for the tip I'll definitely get the laser alignment done since most of my driving is hwy at higher speed and this car will be my daily driver. Since the tires are almost new I want to make sure they last as long as possible; I know this is a sports car but unlike the 350z I don't want to get new tires every 9000 KM's. The only declaration on this car is vandalism for $2117, most likely a slashed convertible top from the price of it. The car has never been in an accident and all the panels look in tip top shape. The PPI should pick up anything wrong with the frame or body work etc. but I'm pretty confident everything will check out.

Brucelee 08-07-2005 05:24 AM

Try to get you hands on a paint meter or make sure the PPI includes the use of one. Repainted panels can be missed with the eye.