Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2012, 03:30 PM   #1

Wheres the rain/snow?

I know that other states are getting hit hard with rain and snow. This thread is not intended to mock at them

Lately here in the Bay Area has been sunny and warm during the day and in 30's at night...so in result of that I took the outdoor activities, indoor along with my youngest son last night
*watching saw dogs

unklekraker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 04:00 PM   #2
Porscheectomy

I'd gladly share our 7" of snow here in Seattle with you. They have no idea what to do when it snows here. Everything stops.
blue2000s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 06:27 PM   #3

We have lots of snow here in Quebec City. Also lots of cold weather. Yesterday saw -11F when I start the Boxster. I'm glad it have the heated seat

I've been to the bay area this fall for the first time in my life. Men your lucky! Enjoy it

later
wawa
wawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 06:37 PM   #4

snowing here in Olympia...sea level and about a half mile from the sound......I was told it never really snowed here!
fivepointnine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 07:44 PM   #5

Ditto brother. It's snowing as we speak.
Old 01-16-2012, 08:14 PM   #6

You can have the -19 fahrenheit we have here in Alberta if you are missing the cold:ah:... Seriously, please take it
coolbreeze551 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 08:20 PM   #7

had an extremely mild winter here. drove the boxster last week - usually in the garage from november through march... we get a cold "snap" where temps drop to a high of 30s for a few days, then climb up to the 50s/60s a few days in a row. been really weird this year - we've usually had accumulating snow by now. the most i've seen is a light dusting on the grass for a day or so.
Old 01-16-2012, 08:25 PM   #8

Don't worry, we should (finally) get some rain this week. While I admit it's been nice being sunny and mild during the daytime, we really do need some rain here!

Awesome stuff with the tent indoors! My kids have been doing the same lately.

Cheers

Mark
Appleguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 09:02 PM   #9

wow -11 yikes sorry brother for your pain

@coolbreeze...not missing the cold, more of missing the rain and snow. My kids and I been wanting to hit the slopes but snowboarding on ice is not cool

@ blue...snow in Seattle? that's crazy

@Appleguy...I know..finally! I look at the weather for this week and the rain will come this Wednesday and stay till next week. We do need the rain
Old 01-17-2012, 12:28 PM   #10

So funny story from this morning...

I forgot to turn off the sprinklers to water my lawn and they went off at 7:00 AM. It was soo cold out here (31 degrees) that it froze the water on my walkway. My son and I practiced passing a hockey puck back and forth from my front door all the way down to the street!

I know that you mid west and east coast (and canadians) will find it amusing but it was a nice change for us here in northern california.

Cheers

Mark
Appleguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 01:35 PM   #11
Porscheectomy

Quote:
Originally Posted by unklekraker View Post
wow -11 yikes sorry brother for your pain

@coolbreeze...not missing the cold, more of missing the rain and snow. My kids and I been wanting to hit the slopes but snowboarding on ice is not cool

@ blue...snow in Seattle? that's crazy

@Appleguy...I know..finally! I look at the weather for this week and the rain will come this Wednesday and stay till next week. We do need the rain
Over 7 inches now. It's pretty amusing to see how people here react, everything is closed and the highways are empty, having come from Colorado.
Old 01-17-2012, 01:36 PM   #12
Porscheectomy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appleguy View Post
So funny story from this morning...

I forgot to turn off the sprinklers to water my lawn and they went off at 7:00 AM. It was soo cold out here (31 degrees) that it froze the water on my walkway. My son and I practiced passing a hockey puck back and forth from my front door all the way down to the street!

I know that you mid west and east coast (and canadians) will find it amusing but it was a nice change for us here in northern california.

Cheers

Mark
My home town is in Northern Minnesota. The kids flood the back yard every winter to play hockey.
Old 01-17-2012, 02:10 PM   #13

It snowed for about 15 minutes in Philly and D.C. back in October. But thats all. Global Warming.
ProjectM96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 05:43 PM   #14

Actually it's not that bad in Seattle, I love when it snows.
After first day most ppl realize that all wheel drive doesn't help you to stop and stay home, and the roads are empty..
BTW my Boxster did great in about 2 inches of snow, I was able to get to work and back!

Sasha

PS: Weatherman! where is the snow?, we were promised 10 inches tonight
sasha055 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 05:48 PM   #15
Matt

La Nina weather patterns always make a mess of the year's weather. We'll have what happens and simply deal with it. Hakuna matata.
Old 01-18-2012, 07:41 AM   #16

Garage
In Teluride skiing. 11" of feather light powder it's wonderful 1/17. 5" more coming Thursday.
* 3.6L LN block, 06 heads, Carrillo H rods, IDP with 987 intake, Oil mods, LN IMS. * Spec II Clutch, 3.2L S Spec P-P FW. * D2 shocks, GT3 arms & and links, Spacers front and rear * Weight reduced, No carpet, AC deleted, Remote PS pump, PS pump deleted. Recaro Pole position seats, Brey crouse ext. 5 point harness, NHP sport exhaust
jsceash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 08:06 AM   #17

Just read in the Yahoo news that Seattle is under Snowmaggedon. Most public roads and school are closed.

And on the other side of the news, the weatherman says we are going to expect a shower today but it's so sunny outside although it's in high 40's, low 50's
Old 01-18-2012, 09:29 AM   #18

its about 6 inches of snow here and still snowing.
It's funny but true, police closed most of the roads

Good day to stay home
sasha055 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 09:49 AM   #19

here is my side yard from this morning.....Im in Olympia, at sea level!!!!

I had about half a tree fall down in my front yard from the weight of the snow, landed about 5 feet from my BMW! OOPS

fivepointnine is offline   Reply With Quote