986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   My 2003 Boxster S hit by school bus (http://986forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30442)

JamesBorisPerez 11-05-2011 09:34 AM

2003 Boxster S hit by school bus

CHP report came back, all the other drivers fault. I doing a third party claim. I got hit in San Jose, CA by a school bus company out of Chicago, the insurance company is out of Pittsburgh, the claim company is out of Texas. I sent them the CHP report (California Highway Patrol) and they got back to me once in the last 3 weeks. Now I'm going straight to the Bus company, hopefully I don't have to go to court, but I will. Good news is that my Daughter will find out this month if she passed the BAR exam!

JamesBorisPerez 01-11-2012 07:12 PM

2003 Boxster S hit by bus

Anyway, the company adjuster declined my claim, so it's down to the process of serving a claim letter and then filing a civil suit. In the mean time I did the body work and purchased a bumper, but the vent inserts don't fit?, the bumper fits perfectly, any advise, how many 2003 stock bumpers were made?

DenverSteve 01-11-2012 07:24 PM

Is there a reason your insurance company hasn't fixed your car and gone after the other company (responsible party)?

Dave928 01-12-2012 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DenverSteve (Post 273846)
Is there a reason your insurance company hasn't fixed your car and gone after the other company (responsible party)?

exactly. that's what you pay them for.

97 Boxster 01-12-2012 04:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave928 (Post 273867)
exactly. that's what you pay them for.

I agree with Dave and Steve. You pay insurance for this reason. It is their job to fight for you. Keep us all posted and sorry for the hassle.

JamesBorisPerez 01-12-2012 06:03 AM

2003 Boxster S Hit

It is more the principle of the matter, it's my car, I own it. I have the right for a third party claim, and I will be claiming deminished value. There is a form available and with the calculations the D.V. is approximately 3K for my vehicle.

Aron in Toronto 01-12-2012 07:31 AM

James,
There were 3 factory bumpers for 2003.
1. The Base 2.7l bumper w/o the center rad opening. This one does not apply to your "S".
2. The "S"3.2l bumper w/ the center rad opening.
3. The "Aero kit II" bumper, AKA GT3 bumper. I believe this one was available with a center opening or with a center opening block-off panel.

Then there is the possibility that you have the vent duct inserts for either an earlier Boxster bumper (pre 2003) or for a 996 bumper.

Hope this helps.

Aron

JamesBorisPerez 01-12-2012 10:54 AM

2003 Boxster S got hit by bus

Thank you, this weekend I am going to take the new bumper cover off and size up the two vents I have again. I live in San Francisco and accross the bay there is a company names Parts Heaven, they are a Porsche auto dismantler, I will see what grills they have available. Thanks for the info, it just perplexes me that my stock grills will not work on a stock re-manufactured bumper from Prestige Bumper?