Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2011, 02:23 PM   #1

Couple part numbers needed: Water pump, windstop clips, console lid

Gents,
Knocking out the laundry list of maintenance items that I've been putting off for a while. Got my new muffler on yesterday and while I had the back on ramps, it reminded me to knock out the water pump swap before it fails.

Here's a list of things I need to replace/fix. Can you help me out with part numbers?:
- Latest revision of water pump (plastic fins)
- Console Lid hinge (mine's broke.. not sure how to fix this)
- Plastic interior sensor cover, passenger side (by convertible top lever at top of windshield)
- rear trunk shocks
- undercarriage rubber air diverter things (directly below engine, one of mine is missing)

cheapest place to source all this?

stateofidleness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 02:52 AM   #2

I'll bump this for you by saying that I got my water pump from Sunset, just used year and model to narrow down the ordering process. Could not believe that the local dealership wanted $375 (!) for a w/p that was available from Sunset for $225 (IIRC). They shipped it quickly as well.

On the console hinge, I Googled "Console Lid hinge Boxster" and got a number of suggested sources for DIYs, parts, etc.
Frodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 03:35 AM   #3

It might be quicker for you to go to Pelican Parts and just look the numbers up yourself. There's also a few places you can download your own copy of the catalog.
Old 07-11-2011, 12:32 PM   #4

The rear trunk shocks are available on ebay. $35 a set plus shipping. Not OEM but they work great
brian325is is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 01:18 PM   #5
ddb
www.klisstle.com

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by stateofidleness
- Latest revision of water pump (plastic fins)
- Console Lid hinge (mine's broke.. not sure how to fix this)
The hinge kit part # is: 996-552-960-01. I paid $38.63 locally (plus tax) in May 2007 because I was too impatient to wait for shipping.

I bought a water pump in July 2009 from Sunset for $197.12. The part # is: 996-106-011-55. I don't know if there is an updated part number. It did have a plastic impeller like my original.

ddb is offline   Reply With Quote