Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-04-2011, 10:00 AM   #1

Morning Drive

It's been so freakin' hot here in Houston I haven't had the boxster out of the garage in nearly two months. But this morning I knew there wouldn't be any traffic in Houston to speak of and the temps were a frigid 85 degrees, so I fired up the black hole for dead presidents and drove it around a while.

Still running like a top. You old-timer forum members will remember when I first bought the car in 2004, I was moaning about something breaking or worn out or needing repair or replacement just about every week for nearly two years.

So now my car has 110k on it, a new motor put in at 80k, a newer transmission at 96k, a new exhaust system, 75% of the interior has been replaced, the suspension is completely new, wheel bearings replaced, brake disc swapped, one caliper rebuilt, cooling system overhauled with a new tank and hoses, 02 sensors swapped out, and now she drives like a new car and is very dependable.

It should be. The only thing left on the car from the factory is the sheet metal and the dashboard!

Still fun to drive around town from time to time, and tracking it is the best and what I do mostly with the car now, even though it looks like a garage queen.

RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote