Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-26-2011, 05:25 AM   #1

Successful rear wheel bearing change...kind of

The bearing went in as expected, but I could not get the damn rotor back on over the parking brake shoes...not sure why.

Car is on a jack stand so I could use some help on this one pretty soon. Any photos or schematic on how it's supposed to look would be great. I have the bently manual but it's pretty lean on the subject. Seems really simple, spent 3 hours on the bearing and so far 2 on the brake shoes.

Also, for the ball joint, do I just reattach with the bolt or use the tool to press it in place?

Thanks all, standing by for a response.

john90290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 09:53 AM   #2

Go back and double check the way you have reassembled the emergency brake. You may have installed the brake shoes upside down.
No need to press in the ball joint taper pin. The nut will pull it in tight enough.
seventythree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 06:13 AM   #3

I had a similar issue. I think I may have tweaked the parking brake assembly in the course of removing the hub spindle with the SIR tool. In any event, I adjusted the star wheel (for the parking break assembly) and had to adjust the assembly located under the glove compartment and I was good to go.

jjanari is offline   Reply With Quote